ITOOFC 5 is here!

What genre of script do you want to work with?

• Comedy/Black Comedy

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Drama

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dramedy

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Action

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Horror/Slasher

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thriller

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Fantasy

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Science Fiction

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Detective/Mystery

• Western/Period

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's okay. I have a meeting with filmy tomorrow to get it all worked out.

What I'm seeing here is the prime example why creativity should not be a group effort. Each person has a very different view of what they want to to do.

Fo me doing what you want is not much of a challenge. The challenge is to do something we are uncomfortable doing.

Well so far I think the one script idea is the most popular. Yes, Will, the screenwriter of the winning script could also compete in the filmmaking portion. I hope there are more opinions, I'd like to get this part done.

I'm now actually kind of leaning towards the one script idea anyway- It'd be nice to see a bunch of people do MY winning screenplay.. :evil: (seriously- where has all the mayhem and mudslinging gone?)

But seriously- I'm game for whatever- I just want to make a movie!

What I'm seeing here is the prime example why creativity should not be a group effort. Each person has a very different view of what they want to to do.

Creativity is either a slow moving democracy, or a self-fufilling dictatorship. I'd tend to think the slowing down process would produce better results in the end.

Fo me doing what you want is not much of a challenge. The challenge is to do something we are uncomfortable doing.

Like Grandma.

Like Grandma.

Yikes! Damn you. I spit coffee all over my keyboard.

I could very well be that many creative people with different views could slowly work their way into an agreement that will make them all happy. I've never seen it happen, but I admit it's possible. I look forward to the final decision on the challenge.

EDIT: Jmac: personally I'm not thrilled about a comedy either, but no one would be forcing us to use these on a reel.. ;)

How right you are, Will! I'm open to whatever, as I need an excuse to practice directing actors before my next feature.

However, for good reason I'm naturally cautious when it comes to others writing the script... Like I said, though, I'm down for the contest regardless.

Cheers!

Jim

i don't mean to be rude, but will winners actually GET their prizes this time....
Absolutely! Last time, I know Zensteve (a member) said he would award some books or something, I had no control over that, but the memberships WERE awarded. PM me if you didn't get the other prize and I'll make it up to you with an extended membership.

This time around it is going to be more professional.

Okay. Pretty much everything has been finalized. A dedicated page will be made for this competition and the rules and regulations will be posted on it. This page should be up by next week. Thanks for the suggestions.

This time around it is going to be more professional.

Not if I can help it! :D (I know he's talking about something else, I just wanted to use an exclaimation point, a grinning smiley, and then follow that up with an anti-climatic explaination in a long sentance contained within parenthesis).

I could very well be that many creative people with different views could slowly work their way into an agreement that will make them all happy. I've never seen it happen, but I admit it's possible. I look forward to the final decision on the challenge.

Funny enough, and true. Indietalk will make the choice (or did), and I'll go with whatever our captain decides, and it'll be great. I just know that when someone opens the floor for suggestions, you have to dive in to be part of the creative process. It's how I weaseled myself from 2nd AD to 1st AD on a shoot. The director had explained his intent well enough that he could stand back and promote everybody. I've seen it work- total strangers all coming together like a family in that moment, and filming a young boy in a swimming pool.

This page should be up by next week.

Sweet.

Not if I can help it! :D (I know he's talking about something else, I just wanted to use an exclaimation point, a grinning smiley, and then follow that up with an anti-climatic explaination in a long sentance contained within parenthesis).

Funny enough, and true. Indietalk will make the choice (or did), and I'll go with whatever our captain decides, and it'll be great. I just know that when someone opens the floor for suggestions, you have to dive in to be part of the creative process. It's how I weaseled myself from 2nd AD to 1st AD on a shoot. The director had explained his intent well enough that he could stand back and promote everybody. I've seen it work- total strangers all coming together like a family in that moment, and filming a young boy in a swimming pool.

Sweet.

Dude... You never cease to KILL ME. LOL.

filmy

(I know he's talking about something else, I just wanted to use an exclaimation point, a grinning smiley, and then follow that up with an anti-climatic explaination in a long sentance contained within parenthesis).

Are you making fun of my standard posts? (not that my posts need any explaining or contain information that needs expounding (explanation)). ;)

Are you making fun of my standard posts? (not that my posts need any explaining or contain information that needs expounding (explanation)). ;)
Funny.. I thought he was making fun of my typical posts. I know I have a habit of going crazy with parentheticals too..

Funny.. I thought he was making fun of my typical posts. I know I have a habit of going crazy with parentheticals too..

LOL- funny enough I was making fun of myself! I think I might have hit a vein of common ground between indie filmmakers (We always add the parenthical explaination). Perhaps it's the tiny thoughts in our heads that right after calling "action" want to throw in a last minute clarification.

LOL- funny enough I was making fun of myself! I think I might have hit a vein of common ground between indie filmmakers (We always add the parenthical explaination). Perhaps it's the tiny thoughts in our heads that right after calling "action" want to throw in a last minute clarification.

Oh.. no. That's clearly just you. ;) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back