movies Is this movie good?

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
Ask if a movie is good that you have never seen. One you are considering checking out. Classic, new, whatever. Please, no shaming for not having seen movies! And no spoilers! Use these: :hi: I will start.

Is Natural Born Killers good?

Ask if a movie is good that you have never seen. One you are considering checking out. Classic, new, whatever. Please, no shaming for not having seen movies! And no spoilers! Use these: :hi: I will start.

Is Natural Born Killers good?
One of those movies that can be really fun on the first viewing but isn't complex enough to watch multiple times over.

Zack Snyder justice league cut ?

I saw it when it came to theaters, but not since. Lots of shaky-cam and multiple film/video formats. It was kind of hard to watch, like being on a drug trip. All the scenes were way over the top. Not something you take seriously. Really great cast.

I was also wondering abut the John Wick films?
What's your definition of "good" ...? I'd put the JW films into the same category as Taken and the Equalizer (good guy with a very special set of skills takes cold, calculated revenge against Eastern European bad guys). In that context, I'd rate those two as "good" but JW is just "meh". I have watched Taken 3 (it's OK) and would be interested in an Equalizer 3 (seeing as 2 seems to have brought the concept to a natural conclusion); so far, I haven't worked up the enthusiasm even to watch the trailer for JW 3. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
What's your definition of "good" ...? I'd put the JW films into the same category as Taken and the Equalizer (good guy with a very special set of skills takes cold, calculated revenge against Eastern European bad guys). In that context, I'd rate those two as "good" but JW is just "meh". I have watched Taken 3 (it's OK) and would be interested in an Equalizer 3 (seeing as 2 seems to have brought the concept to a natural conclusion); so far, I haven't worked up the enthusiasm even to watch the trailer for JW 3. 🤷‍♂️
Taken 3 was absolutely atrocious lol. Only the first taken was good.
All 3 John Wicks delivered to expectations.. simple action revenge gun movie style.

The highlight of #3 is halle berry with her attack dogs. they spent 7 months training the dogs for the movie.

I think that JOHN WICK 3 had the most incredible action of the trilogy. There were lots of long takes showing Keanu actually doing his stunts. He was amazing! My favorite part was the knife throwing and fight in the weapons' exhibit.

I think that JOHN WICK 3 had the most incredible action of the trilogy. There were lots of long takes showing Keanu actually doing his stunts. He was amazing! My favorite part was the knife throwing and fight in the weapons' exhibit.
Interesting. I thought he was getting older and slower.
And the final action scene was mind boggling bad to me.

You have a busload of highly armored bullet proof people storming into your citadel and you don't have one grenade??
Like.. not a single grenade for real ? In that whole massive armory? Feels like it was written by someone that doesn't have a clue about warfare.

The stuff in the horse stable was TOTALLY absurd as well.
You go walk next to a horse and shoot a pistol right next to it lol see what happens!!!

In JWick 3? absolutely nothing. bc its obviously fake hollywood CGI and the horse doesn't even hear it.
There was a lot in this movie that was really bad but it the dog stuff was amazing.

Last edited:
LOL, honestly I doubt I would like that type of flick. I guess I'm into things like film noir, psychological thriller, mystery/crime, and slice of life.

Hopefully someone can chime in but I was also wondering abut the John Wick films?
The first two were rock solid, popcorn matinee movies. They each stood alone, were visually stunning and fun to watch.
The third one was a bit patronizing and did not stand alone.

Personally, I'm excited to see Bob Odenkirk as the next John Wick-type character, in "Nobody". Variety all but raved about it.

Interesting. I thought he was getting older and slower.
And the final action scene was mind boggling bad to me.

You have a busload of highly armored bullet proof people storming into your citadel and you don't have one grenade??
Like.. not a single grenade for real ? In that whole massive armory? Feels like it was written by someone that doesn't have a clue about warfare.

The stuff in the horse stable was TOTALLY absurd as well.
You go walk next to a horse and shoot a pistol right next to it lol see what happens!!!

In JWick 3? absolutely nothing. bc its obviously fake hollywood CGI and the horse doesn't even hear it.
There was a lot in this movie that was really bad but it the dog stuff was amazing.
So...how would grenades have helped? Or do you mean using a M32A1?

So...how would grenades have helped? Or do you mean using a M32A1?
Well instead of bouncing bullets off someone you can create a concussive force that turns everyones brain into mush in a 2-3 meter area. even if the body armor stops the shrapnel there is acceleration and inertia that is deadly. is that incorrect?

Last edited:
The inline spoiler is cool, it's: [ispolier][/ispolier]

And it does this!

Well instead of bouncing bullets off someone you can create a concussive force that turns everyones brain into mush in a 2-3 meter area. even if the body armor stops the shrapnel there is acceleration and inertia that is deadly. is that incorrect?
I heard on Joe Rogan that Grenades are a bit overdone in Hollywood. You did some Time in the army ...I don't know how deadly grenades are. I will take your word on it.

I heard on Joe Rogan that Grenades are a bit overdone in Hollywood. You did some Time in the army ...I don't know how deadly grenades are. I will take your word on it.
I was never in the military, but I grew up and went to school on military bases and I believe that there are a variety of grenades with different capabilities.

Back