Is there a program for creating story boards?

Wow, those look incredible. And probably worth every penny. TrueImage, were you to develop a stick figure version for the hobbyist community, I'd be your first customer.

I do research, development, test and evaluation...I'm not a programmer, but I'm a Systems Analyst and I know them all because they develop software for my systems.

I could talk to a few of them and see how hard it will be and how much they'd charge me to do it..and all the legalities that go along with it. See, our companies own the rights to anything we create while we work for them.

In most contracts, that is. I know mine is set up that way, but theirs may not be.

I believe storyboard quick is a bit cheaper.. if it's even still available. Another option to consider is google SketchUp (though I think autodesk owns it now)

I have an old version of frameforge that I bought several years ago. While it has a lot of nice features, it was a bit cumbersome and time consuming for my taste.

I believe storyboard quick is a bit cheaper.. if it's even still available. Another option to consider is google SketchUp (though I think autodesk owns it now)

I have an old version of frameforge that I bought several years ago. While it has a lot of nice features, it was a bit cumbersome and time consuming for my taste.

If you have someone like a volunteer set designer who comes from a drawing/fine arts background, then I think having them utilise this type of software will save time.

Excuse my ignorance, but in the 'old days', wasn't this function usually handled by someone who specifically undertook this work??

The Only Problem with most Storyboard Software, they don't actually capture the mood and feel of the movie. An Artist adds that missing element, that "Je ne sais quo". If your Budget is tight, I guess you don't have a choice. Then there's the learning curve of the software. Some software will want you to scan your own pic's.

Artist aren't cheap, Hollywood pays 2500 to 3500 for about 35-45 blocks (squares) per week.

The Only Problem with most Storyboard Software, they don't actually capture the mood and feel of the movie. An Artist adds that missing element, that "Je ne sais quo". If your Budget is tight, I guess you don't have a choice. Then there's the learning curve of the software. Some software will want you to scan your own pic's.

Artist aren't cheap, Hollywood pays 2500 to 3500 for about 35-45 blocks (squares) per week.

Er...I am quite unfamiliar with the US pricing schemes throughout much of the film industry. While I am sure your payment figures refer to USD, the "35-45 blocks (squares) per week" has me completely bamboozled.

ve time.
Excuse my ignorance, but in the 'old days', wasn't this function usually handled by someone who specifically undertook this work??
In the "new days" this function is handled by a storyboard artist
the same as in the old days.

Er...I am quite unfamiliar with the US pricing schemes throughout much of the film industry. While I am sure your payment figures refer to USD, the "35-45 blocks (squares) per week" has me completely bamboozled.

The "blocks" or "squares" are each frame of artwork done.
fogofwar_storyboard.jpg

In this example there are 16 blocks. A professional board artist
will be able to draw about 35 to 45 of these per week.

directorik and Will Vincent already mentioned storyboard quick, which was what I was going to recommend to you, TrueImage. And Will Write For Latte, I think that the 'je ne sais quoi' that you mentioned is very important but I disagree with you about its origin: I've found that doing the storyboards myself with storyboard quick definitely lends a much better specificity and individual emotion, rather than relying on the potentially "off" feeling that is dependent on the translation of a hired storyboard artist. But that's just how I feel! What do you guys think? it's always seemed to me that my digital storyboards were easier to decipher and captured the essence just fine.

If you were to create a flash-browser-based application that would have customizable templates for actors, shot-types, the ability to import and modify photos and to export into a downloadable format I think that'd be amazing.

Maybe even this could be a part of indietalk, or an indietalk project? I think it might have interesting applications- storyboards make shooting that much easier, but for those who have no access to graphic artists, having a simple, easy-to-use program would be a great tool.

And you could be more creative with how you charge. Make it free membership with ads, pay-per export, upgraded memberships, "template packs" that add in some preset objects so one wouldn't have a muck around too much with individual shapes and drawing.... there's a wealth of opportunity if you do it on the web- and I've seen enough memes out there that incorporate some of those aspects in flash games, so I know it's possible.

But I have no desire to actually learn how to do that and get it online since I'm in the middle of a feature film and a film festival, LOL.

what if u have no budget and are paying for everything out of pocket how do u storyboard aor find tools for that bc u can only work with the demos so much...... and how good is the celtx sketch??

what if u have no budget and are paying for everything out of pocket how do u storyboard aor find tools for that bc u can only work with the demos so much...... and how good is the celtx sketch??

Download it and try it. :)

The free CeltX comes with just a few free icons, but you can get the full extra art-packs for $6.

Since it's a fairly open system, there's probably a few open-source art-packs available by now, too, though I don't know of any specific downloads.

If you have someone like a volunteer set designer who comes from a drawing/fine arts background, then I think having them utilise this type of software will save time.

Hi I'm new here but wanted to add my two cents. I just got storyboard quick and it's great. I even get help from someone who speaks english. This software really saves me a lot of time because I can't draw.

Back