Introducing myself

If there's a sticky thread for this, sorry and feel free to move this there but I didn't see one.
So, hello all, I've just joined the forum as I've got my first draft for an adapted screenplay finished and I'm working on editing it and finding a bonafide agent.
I'm 35 years old, male, English and living in Portugal. I'm very much into independent cinema and am a fan of directors like Lynch, Jarmusch, Von Trier, Van Sant, Kubrick and Scorsese.
I hope to be able to give other people ideas here when they ask. I'm more of a writer than a director or anything. I'm currently into writing historical things like about the Soviet Union and prison camps but I have a couple of other ideas for screenplays, too.
So, cheers everybody and I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you! :P

'sup, porkchop. :cool:

fan of directors like Lynch, Jarmusch, Von Trier, Van Sant, Kubrick and Scorsese.

I noticed a distinct lack of Zensteve in your list there. I'm sure it was just an oversight, though. :grumpy:

I kid, I kid... :welcome:

Hello all
I am new here.I am sreeja.I am from India.Nice to meet you all.This forum looks so interesting.Hope i can enjoy stay.

Welcome.

What is the film industry in Portugal like? Are many films made there?

I've just seen the replies!
The film industry, as far as I know, isn't up to much here. It's pretty limited in terms of films being known outside the country. I rarely see any Portuguese films listed for the cinemas. Brazilian films are probably better known over here than their own.

Hello Everyone,
new as well and a little intimidated. Just finished a psychological horror script and working on a documentary. Looking to learn and network if possible.

Don't be intimidated...we're ok folks here. Welcome to our community, we have all types and levels of filmmakers here.

Hey everyone, I just off the phone with a friend. And no, this isn't one of those the friend is me passive agressive questions. He's an African-American screen writer. Who wants to give up. He beliefs he should write what he knows. And that Hollywood will only tell the African-American gangster story a few times. Compared to the Italian mob story. Which, truth be told, has been told a thousand times. He walk out of a meeting frustrated that the suits only saw another Wire. I read the script. It's got similarities. So do The Soprano's and Analyze This. I told him he should go to different suits. I need him to keep writing. I want to make a documetary about him and his pursuits. How can I convince him to keep at it.

Back