• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Indie of the Month April - Social Distance Film Challenge

I get that - but there was still code and a thumbnail on IT that should have been showing when you went to the voting page. right ?
I updated the media link to work now - but working or not why wouldnt it have showed up as an option when you looked at votes

we can take this technical stuff to a different thread

Last edited:
If you remove it from YT it removes it from here. So if the link changes your post here needs to be updated. It will show the thumbnail yeah. It appears you removed it from YT.

Next time don't delete your YT link. :D

Im 99% sure it makes no difference either way bc nobody clicked it 😄
I'm done with those videos anyway .. i tried to make a 3rd one but it was just too demanding of vocals and im not good enough of a singer for the song i tried to do #3

Here's what happened.
You made your post. It's an embed NOT an upload. So it plays from YT here. This way the site does not pay for streaming but also YOU get the benefit of the YT views. Your embed resides at a link. If you remove that link your video is gone from YT and here. The thumbnail still exists because that is created when you make your post and is stored on IT. So my guess is you did something like fix it up and reupload. That new video is at a new link. Your old link states removed. That's what happened. Hope this helps!

Here's what happened.
You made your post. It's an embed NOT an upload. So it plays from YT here. This way the site does not pay for streaming but also YOU get the benefit of the YT views. Your embed resides at a link. If you remove that link your video is gone from YT and here. The thumbnail still exists because that is created when you make your post and is stored on IT. So my guess is you did something like fix it up and reupload. That new video is at a new link. Your old link states removed. That's what happened. Hope this helps!

Yeah I wasn't confused about what happened.. the original link I messed up the audio, it was only one channel. Fixed it and reuploaded.
The technical stuff isnt really the issue its that I was feeling left out because nobody mentioned it was broken or seemed to try to watch it.

Last edited:
LOL. I can't see how you can get upset with people for not watching a video that stated it was removed by the user or mentioning it. That's pretty normal on social media. Remove a video. Remove a post. Stop overthinking it and keep creating.

I'm really glad you entered! I remember when we suggested you enter and egged you on a bit and you said thanks for pushing you to enter. That feeling of creating and posting for others, that is the feeling that should drive you. It feels good right? Who cares about the rest? The little bit of sick irony that the video was unavailable is just a test. Don't let that get you down and stop creating. (rant over) ;)

@sfoster I can tell you I watched it not long after you originally posted it. I tried to watch them as they came in. When did you fix the video? And once you did fix it, I imagine you completely removed the original, which would have deleted the stats, right?

Side question for these contests. I know we aren't supposed to post our work in both the forum and the media section, but does that still count for these contests?

I know we aren't supposed to post our work in both the forum and the media section, but does that still count for these contests?
Depends on which way you mean. If you already posted it and the contest starts yes you can enter it by posting it in the contest folder. If you entered the contest and want to post it again, no.

Depends on which way you mean. If you already posted it and the contest starts yes you can enter it by posting it in the contest folder. If you entered the contest and want to post it again, no.

That perfectly answers my question. Thanks.

Im 99% sure it makes no difference either way bc nobody clicked it 😄
I'm done with those videos anyway .. i tried to make a 3rd one but it was just too demanding of vocals and im not good enough of a singer for the song i tried to do #3

I clicked it and I watched your video... I know the video link went dead after a while but I assumed either you removed it or the host took it down (given that its a song poking fun at a terrorist organisation)

if it makes you feel better no one liked or commented on ours at all and ours is still showing as active

(given that its a song poking fun at a terrorist organisation)

if it makes you feel better no one liked or commented on ours at all and ours is still showing as active

Wait what, a terrorist organization ?? lol

I watched all of them but I didnt quite understand what you were going for. showing someone bored ?

Wait what, a terrorist organization ?? lol

I watched all of them but I didnt quite understand what you were going for. showing someone bored ?

well Incel (Involantary Celibate Movement) is a sex based hate group know for several domestic terror attacks and school shootings (I think I read 50+ murders have been linked to the group)

as for mine, its a child who cant go out to play with his friends (social distancing) playing with his toy who then plays back when hes not looking (maybe its magic, maybe its a childs imagination, maybe its the concept of toy story... I'll let the viewer decide lol)

Last edited:
Back