Indie of the Month April - Social Distance Film Challenge

sfoster

Staff Member
well Incel (Involantary Celibate Movement) is a sex based hate group know for several domestic terror attacks and school shootings (I think I read 50+ murders have been linked to the group)

as for mine, its a child who cant go out to play with his friends (social distancing) playing with his toy who then plays back when hes not looking (maybe its magic, maybe its a childs imagination, maybe its the concept of toy story... I'll let the viewer decide lol)
ahh yeah i didnt quite get what you were going for. i think some magic sounds would have helped.

and as for incel, oh geeze man just because a few incels have gone out and committed atrocities that doesnt mean that if you dont get laid for six months youre a terrorist. that would be like saying muslims are a religious based hate group... theyre not. its just they have some bad apples.

ahh yeah i didnt quite get what you were going for. i think some magic sounds would have helped.

and as for incel, oh geeze man just because a few incels have gone out and committed atrocities that doesnt mean that if you dont get laid for six months youre a terrorist. that would be like saying muslims are a religious based hate group... theyre not. its just they have some bad apples.
Muslims are a religous group though, Islamic state is the terorist group... you wouldn't call Muslums 'Islamic State' because they are completely seperate entities

I have never heard 'Involantary Celibate' used for anyone but the hate/terrorist group since thats actually the groups name - lots of people go through dry spells for whatever reason but 'Involantary celibate' has very specific negative meaning... I get that its a parody and you said at then end not to act like that but it still could be a touchy subject for some so I just assumed maybe someone had objected and either you or the platform had removed it to save the peace

Last edited:

sfoster

Staff Member
Muslims are a religous group though, Islamic state is the terorist group... you wouldn't call Muslums 'Islamic State' because they are completely seperate entities

I have never heard 'Involantary Celibate' used for anyone but the hate/terrorist group since thats actually the groups name - lots of people go through dry spells for whatever reason but 'Involantary celibate' has very specific negative meaning... I get that its a parody and you said at then end not to act like that but it still could be a touchy subject for some so I just assumed maybe someone had objected and either you or the platform had removed it to save the peace
Ah well thats good to know. I think the textbook definition is just someone "unable to find a romantic or sexual partner" and anything beyond that is going to be attributed to specific communities. I even watched a documentary about them once on youtube.

Last edited:

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
This type of discussion is exactly what we are supposed to have with films. Hopefully next month we can get some going during the actual contest lol.

maximum

Pro Member
indiePRO