• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

I'm Crowdfunding!

I've definitely learnt a lot about crowdfunding from this project and I'll be doing a thorough and full write up when we're finished, whatever the outcome. Hopefully that outcome will be positive but we really need people to keep sharing and contributing

The Flight of the Flamingo on IndieGoGo!
I've spent a few hours this morning compiling a list of fellow IT-ers with an active or recently concluded crowdsource campaign and then reviewing not only their initial IT campaign thread-launch but also their KS & IGG site, the director et al info, other projects launched and supported, and IMDB info in one case.
http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?p=269551#post269551

OVERWHELMINGLY this thread has the greatest IT community support among active members. :yes:
It's nice to see our community work together in fiscal and emotional support of another's project.

The driveby solicitations of others are... just... :no:

You two are cared about. :blush: (That and a buck-fifty will get you a coke outta the machine! :lol: )

I look forward to learning about how broad the forest of trees is you two are also shaking!

You've put in good work.
Best of luck fellas.
I hope more contributions come pouring in your way.

July 2 will probably get here simultaneously both lightning fast and tortuously slow. :)

The support from Indietalkers has been overwhelming and really validating. We're still waiting to see if other sources of online canvassing pay off but it's great that a community like this exists :)

The IT Community is indeed great! We are now looking to appeal to a broad spectrum of people.
We've been stuck at $1.110 for the last few days!

Hey y'all!

We've only raised another couple of hundred bucks since we last posted here so we're going to have to get all aggressive again!!! (Just kidding, you guys have been great)

Here's a video of Phil explaining the technical side of the film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmQ9-FTPwQk&

And if you want to see the film that's being played in the background of that video, remember to check out The Flight of the Flamingo on IndieGoGo!

$2010 dollars funded right now! Who can help us out? We want to really make this film!

indiegogo.com/flamingomovie

Thanks!!

Nice one.

Don't want to sound pessimistic, but will you still do the film if you don't reach the intended goal?

It's a difficult question. We have a lot of stuff that's in place for the film that we could do without the money, but, frankly, we do need the $7000. We didn't set too high a goal because we know that the primary things we need to pay for are sound, insurance and actor's fees. So, yes, we could probably scrape together the film but who wants a scraped together film?

Sound is our number one concern, in terms of things that we need in order to shoot this film.

The contingency plan is whether we might've managed to raise enough interest in the project to get a few K of private investment which would see it us through principal photography. I think that's a definite possibility but I still hold out a lot of hope for our crowdfunding venture.

It's pretty amazing to even get to $3000 from 'the crowd' and I'd love to think that we still have a shot at reaching our goal.

:)

Cool. I'll do it. Let me know what you think would be the optimal timing for it, I don't like to leave 'non-relevant' things up there too long so we should be strategic.

It's a difficult question. We have a lot of stuff that's in place for the film that we could do without the money, but, frankly, we do need the $7000. We didn't set too high a goal because we know that the primary things we need to pay for are sound, insurance and actor's fees. So, yes, we could probably scrape together the film but who wants a scraped together film?

Sound is our number one concern, in terms of things that we need in order to shoot this film.

The contingency plan is whether we might've managed to raise enough interest in the project to get a few K of private investment which would see it us through principal photography. I think that's a definite possibility but I still hold out a lot of hope for our crowdfunding venture.

It's pretty amazing to even get to $3000 from 'the crowd' and I'd love to think that we still have a shot at reaching our goal.

:)

Ah, I see. Have you looked anywhere else for funding?

$3000 is quite good (that's what... £2000?) That's something I want to achieve when I crowd-source, but I want to be realistic in my goals.

Ah, I see. Have you looked anywhere else for funding?

$3000 is quite good (that's what... £2000?) That's something I want to achieve when I crowd-source, but I want to be realistic in my goals.

There really isn't any other realistic funding body (other than crowdfunding or private investment).

Crowdfunding is really very difficult. Phil and I both have fairly large online presences and portfolios. We've managed to get 100s of tweets about the project from various people, often with 20 or 30 thousand followers. It just hasn't translated very consistently into pledges.

$7000 seems like a very realistic target but, in reality, it's still really, really hard.

Yeah, I see what you mean.

I've looked around and quite a few people say that crowd-funding relies on family & friends for the majority. Though I don't know how far this will actually get me, seeing as I don't have much as a presence online.

Sorry guys, I haven't been around too much lately, so I kind-of missed this...

Anyhow, I've contributed. Hope you reach your goal! Best of luck! :)

Back