I'm building technology to help filmmakers limit their risk

we've turned the best country in the history of the world into a caste system clusterfuck over the last 40 years, one stupid, selfish, lazy, greedy, step at a time.
On that we agree. The trajectory is clear. It's just a matter of 10 more years or less before we crash. It appears to be inevitable.

Music Video GIF

Commodity: Let me deliver what the public wants and what these number say
Art: Here is my story

The AI: This is what you need to change in your art

Rocky was not a commodity, but Rocky two and the rest of the sequels are.

Planet of the Apes was not a commodity but all the sequels are.

Same with Jurassic Park, the Hulk , Friday the 13th, Hell Raiser.........

More of a franchise.
Yeah, sequels are a franchise, but they are also commodity. Their sole purpose it to make money off the success of the original.

"but making movies is about making money".
I guess I'm naive because I believe the best films are made by people who only want to make a good film. The executives can sweat about the profit but the person yelling ACTION should not have money as their reason for making the movie.

"what about micro-budget film makers"
They should be the most free and uninhibited film makers in the world. New ideas should come from micro-budget film makers,,,,, but they don't.

Last edited:
Commodity: Let me deliver what the public wants and what these number say
Art: Here is my story
I think that's an oversimplification. People actually want art, that is the commodity. Commodity is what you get when there is a deadline to make more money, and you forgot to pay any actual creative people.

We have examples where people did both, and I think those examples light the path to a better mentality, better in the sense that it combines valid creative output with rational and sustainable business practices.

Law and Order, which we discuss at times, is both. A reliable commodity, suitable for mass production and consumption, with a solid business model. It's also pretty good art sometimes, or at least it used to be.

Back