I order my camera later today!

Shhh... you're interrupting my tacking feed... Compton, CA for the adapter ring, Here in town for the batteries and SDHC cards, and PA for the Camera... hasn't moved in the last 10 minutes... weird.

Shhh... you're interrupting my tacking feed... hasn't moved in the last 10 minutes... weird.

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5.....
smiley_f5.gif

In hand and awesome! The vendor played a sneaky -- listed as a refurb, but it was actually new in box! I think they're purchasing kits, then pulling the lenses to sell separately, which is fine as I was purchasing a body only model. Reduced my cost and left me with a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer :)

I've started shopping around for old EF lenses to supplement and have found some amazing deals on them... I'll keep you all posted :)

Congrats... Now shoot something and share. 8^)
Is the nifty 50 considered a prime? Are all single dimension lenses primes? I am looking for the least expensive cleanest image lenses. The Samyang 35mm seems to be popular. I have to work with the 18-55 for now though..when it arrives.

Congrats... Now shoot something and share. 8^)
Is the nifty 50 considered a prime? Are all single dimension lenses primes? I am looking for the least expensive cleanest image lenses. The Samyang 35mm seems to be popular. I have to work with the 18-55 for now though..when it arrives.

Yes, the "nifty fifty" is a prime. It's a solid starter lens for the DSLR's.

OK... So impatiently awaiting the arrival of my adapter ring tomorrow... I decided yesterday that if I prefocus the lens to distance, I could snap some stills... obvious things... truck across street, my cats (so cliche). One of our cats is exceedingly difficult to photograph as she has really black fur... amazed at this camera :) Oh, did I mention the reason I have to prefocus is due to the fact that I have to hold the lens in front of the camera... did I mention I'm impatient?

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

Congrats again knightly. I have 2 black cats here at our house and they are the hardest thing to get a clean shot of, haha. Have fun, looks great!

And I have to be fair to my other cat and get her some face time as well (she was sleeping and annoyed with me in that last one)... High ISO testing :)

IMG_0030.jpg

Congratulations!!!
One day I hope I can get one too!!!

So you haven't shot a movie with it yet??? How is that possible?

i work with 5d's at work. so i know its great quality by heart.
i was going to buy a card at best buy (where i bought my camera) but a 4gb card is $30.
where as online (where i bought it) its $110 for a 32 gb compact flash card. so i'm just waiting for it to come in this friday :D

Congratulations!!!
One day I hope I can get one too!!!

So you haven't shot a movie with it yet??? How is that possible?

I have... just getting used to a fully manual lens again... last time I used one, I was a sports photographer in High School and the '80s hadn't ended yet :)

I've got 4 x 8 Gb cards so I can have them dump on set frequently to stay ahead of the game, and to prevent massive footage losses by spreading out the risk... I'm still firmly a tape guy - I've never overwritten any of my tapes, still have every single thing I've shot sitting downstairs.

Back