I order my camera later today!

Factory Refurb Canon T3i with a kit 18-55 lens from a highly scored vendor on Amazon.

+ 2 off brand batts
+ 4 8Gb class 10 SDHC cards
+ 1 Nikon AF adaptor ring :)

So excited... it'll get me a commercial gig that we have lined up... that'll get me a 15mm rod setup, matte box, follow focus and start me looking for AF and EF lenses!

Moving forward, ever forward :)

I already own:
Zoom H4N
KTek internally cabled Boom Pole
AT 835R Short Capsule Shotgun Microphone
AT wireless Lav kit
Several dynamic hand held mics

I had to get the kit together before moving into the camera so I could move away from the XL1s with the MA200 XLR input shoulder rest.

I won't shoot crappy sound again due to gear (just my own ineptitude)... I've got projects that have absolutely unusable sound due to substandard audio equipment. I consider the audio equipment I've moved into the absolute minimum I can use.

The audio upgrades HAD TO HAPPEN before the camera could upgrade.

Congrats knightly, and absolutely agree on audio upgrades. I am in the same boat, almost done with audio needs (at minimum too but way better than in cam sound) and ready to go for the camera. I recently recorded a jam session for a friend and now after hearing it he wants to do a whole bunch more. And that's after being recorded (audio only) by an "audio guy" using his laptop and a $100 mic.
I'm sure you're gonna love that T3i. ENJOY!!!

I've shot with the 7D twice. The footage converted me (see what I did there -- punny). I was against using them due to the non-permanent nature of the card based recording system... but the image quality overcame this handily! The T3i isn't quite as good, but it's far better than what I'm shooting now.

I've shot with the 7D twice. The footage converted me (see what I did there -- punny). I was against using them due to the non-permanent nature of the card based recording system... but the image quality overcame this handily! The T3i isn't quite as good, but it's far better than what I'm shooting now.

It's identical to the 7D! They share the same sensor!

i'm buying the 5D mark ii soon... verry soon. I'm upgrading from my camcorder XHA1s which i used for over 3 years.
I work with 5D's at work, so i know what i'm in for.. Excited :D

DSLR's look very similar in general. A T2i, T3i, T4i, 60D, 7D look no different from each other. They all share the same APS-C sensor.. The 5D Mark II looks different, because it has a bigger sensor. The Mark III is probably the biggest difference. The video is a bit softer, but looks a lot nicer in my opinion. Granted, it's way way more expensive, but anyways :)

Congrats on the T3i man! It's a great camera. It's incredible what you can get out of a DSLR if you know the limitations and light accordingly!

i have a t3i, its my baby.. apart from my other two kids... the only camera il ever get next is either BM or RED, but by that point im presuming technology will have advanced so much that dslr's will probably shoot 2k at least raw in proress format (heres wishing :) )

Woot woot! I'm guessing you had the XL1 before this? I've heard pretty good things 'bout that cam. Anyway, congrats on the buy! You won't be disappointed.

-From a fellow T3i user. :)

Back