• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

I need your VOTE!

Thank you all for your votes!

FYI -- I'm currently spamming the heck out of my FB friends. For those whom are on this list -- sorry. I hope it's not too annoying. :blush:

I'm travelling for the next couple days, so this is the last of any big efforts to spread the word from me.

Thank you all, so very much!

So, the way the judging works, 80% of your score is determined by the judges, with 20% coming from the public vote. The judges will whittle the 1,184 entries down to 3 finalists, from which Chris Nolan will make his pick.

You have to be in the top-20 to get any points from public voting. Currently, we are sitting at 37th, and with less than half a day remaining, I don't foresee my entry making its way into the top-20.

That being said, I actually think a great deal was accomplished by everyone casting your votes. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling the judges are going to pick whichever movies they want, regardless of public voting. Many of the videos in the top-20 are horrible, to be frank. And many of the best videos are outside of the top-20.

In my opinion, the public voting isn't so much a reflection of which videos are the best quality, but which videos are attached to editors confident enough in their work to feel like they have a chance of winning, and therefore beg all of their friends to vote. I can't imagine every judge will watch all 1,184 entries. But I'll bet you every judge watches each of the top-50, or maybe top-100.

Point being -- by casting enough votes to get mine in the top-40, I think you've assured that my video will be seen by all of the judges, and that's probably much more important than actually getting points from public voting.

And I am very grateful for that! :)

Should anyone care to vote once more, just to make sure I stay in or near the current position, you've got until midnight tonight (EST).

http://bit.ly/QHVdOa

I've voted every day for you.

I would throw it up on the facebook page (you know the one I'm talking about), but that risks a negative reaction which could end up having the opposite of the desired effect. Let me know though if you're willing to take the chance. :)

Thanks again, all of you. :D

I would throw it up on the facebook page (you know the one I'm talking about), but that risks a negative reaction which could end up having the opposite of the desired effect. Let me know though if you're willing to take the chance. :)

I actually gave that some thought, and I agree -- it would get lots of votes, but probably not the kind we're looking for. Plus, I think you should use that sparingly; wouldn't want to turn yourself into the boy who cried wolf. :)

Thank you all, so very much!

So, the way the judging works, 80% of your score is determined by the judges, with 20% coming from the public vote. The judges will whittle the 1,184 entries down to 3 finalists, from which Chris Nolan will make his pick.

You have to be in the top-20 to get any points from public voting. Currently, we are sitting at 37th, and with less than half a day remaining, I don't foresee my entry making its way into the top-20.

That being said, I actually think a great deal was accomplished by everyone casting your votes. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling the judges are going to pick whichever movies they want, regardless of public voting. Many of the videos in the top-20 are horrible, to be frank. And many of the best videos are outside of the top-20.

In my opinion, the public voting isn't so much a reflection of which videos are the best quality, but which videos are attached to editors confident enough in their work to feel like they have a chance of winning, and therefore beg all of their friends to vote. I can't imagine every judge will watch all 1,184 entries. But I'll bet you every judge watches each of the top-50, or maybe top-100.

Point being -- by casting enough votes to get mine in the top-40, I think you've assured that my video will be seen by all of the judges, and that's probably much more important than actually getting points from public voting.

And I am very grateful for that! :)

Should anyone care to vote once more, just to make sure I stay in or near the current position, you've got until midnight tonight (EST).

http://bit.ly/QHVdOa

Aw.

Sorry, dude, I would have voted for you, but I've not been around on here and I just now saw this. Consider me voting for you, though.

--Jacob, who's sorry he arrived an hour and a half too late.

Back