Hobbit Trailer

Nice!

Del Toro would've done a brilliant job with this story and genre, considering Pan's L and Azkaban but im glad Jackson got it in the end so that the style is consistent with the LOTR movies.

A whole year to wait...

I seriously didn't give a damn about this, and then I saw the trailer, saw Cate Blanchett, saw Ian Holm, Ian McfreakingKellan, and yeah, you can say I'm looking forward to this now.

Del Toro would've done a brilliant job with this story and genre, considering Pan's L and Azkaban but im glad Jackson got it in the end so that the style is consistent with the LOTR movies.

I'm going to be the geek who says that was Alfonso Cuaron.

Looks really good. I'm psyched. The great thing about the trailer is how big the scale looks even though we're only seeing a tiny fraction of the story. The second film is going to have all the Helm's Deepesque moments.

I'm going to be the geek who says that was Alfonso Cuaron.

Looks really good. I'm psyched. The great thing about the trailer is how big the scale looks even though we're only seeing a tiny fraction of the story. The second film is going to have all the Helm's Deepesque moments.

Though del Toro was going to do Order of the Pheonix, but opted to do Hellboy 2 instead (which I loved, so I'm not going to call foul). I really wish that he could have remained with the Hobbit. It's a very different story than LOTR, and would have loved to see it with a different vision. No disrespect to Peter Jackson, of course, and he is keeping a lot of the design work del Toro did.

I can't see Facebook from work, but fansite extrodinaire TheOneRing.net has done a frame-by-frame analysis of the trailer at: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150447765494821.372336.6425769820&type=3 They did similar things back in the day for LOTR, very fun for the obsessively geeky...uh, yeah, me.

I don't expect we'll see Smaug before the movie. They did a good job of holding back the Balrog design too.

3D + 60p... watching one of the BTS bits about the 3d, I now understand why 60p... he's not doing it as a gimmick... the complaint is that 60p always feels too "real" and not cinematic enough... PJ's going for as much "real" as he can for this to really try to transport folks the way the books did, adding that amount of detail Tolkien did in the books (my interpretation, not a quote).

I want to see how well he does that. That excites me... and what I thought was overkill technologically, is precisely how I want to dump my $25/ticket to see it... if they were to do smello-vision and rumbly seats, I'd be in for that as well.

I have no interest in LOTR and while I read and enjoyed the Hobbit as a kid, I wouldn't go to see it after being bored silly from the LOTR films.

BUT. I will go see it to check out the 3D + 60p. Hopefully my local theater will be able to play it correctly and I don't have to go down to the special IMAX which is annoyingly at the horrible tourist trap known as Navy Pier... :/

I want to see how well he does that. That excites me... and what I thought was overkill technologically, is precisely how I want to dump my $25/ticket to see it... if they were to do smello-vision and rumbly seats, I'd be in for that as well.

Have you been to Universal Studios? You'd probably appreciate their 4D shows.

Droooooool.

Looks stellar. Beautiful. Can't wait. I'm a huge fan of the trilogy, the books, the animated films of old...and this looks on par (or better).

Back