Hard Drive

I'll need a portable Hard Drive for backing my stock footage up. I've got over 45GB of Sound Effects, Clips from Action Essentials 2 and a whole lot other stuff for use in my films. I tried just simply storing them in disks before but never liked it that much. I want a hard drive I can have them backed up on, and also one that's small and easy to carry around, and can easily transfer the data over to the device fast.

Can anybody help me choose one? Even a 50GB one will do!

Thanks! :)

I second Western Digital. I have like 4 or 5 of their drives and the worst that's happened is a FireWire port went out during a lightning storm once. Great drives at great prices.

The luxury brand though is G-Drive. Those are awesome drives that are fast and rock solid, many configured in a raid. They cost more though for sure.

Thanks, I think I might go for the WD. I'm taking it that you can format it to act as a USB. I've just recently started to buy and download different clips from libraries of sound and video effects so I'm just worried in case the computer goes or something.

There are better and more expensive drives out there but i also use WD. 1TB passport is a good portable solution and 3TB desktop book is a good deal as well.

I probably won't be needing more than 250GB really. 500GB is more than enough for my libraries at the moment. 1TB seems good but I'll end up not even using the space.

I probably won't be needing more than 250GB really. 500GB is more than enough for my libraries at the moment. 1TB seems good but I'll end up not even using the space.

You will! I filled up my 2TB in about 2 1/2 months...

Even sundays shoot where we only shot one single scene was 79GB's of footage!

You will! I filled up my 2TB in about 2 1/2 months...

Even sundays shoot where we only shot one single scene was 79GB's of footage!

I'd be using two separate hard drives for my libraries and the footage that I shot. I realize I'll need all the space I can get for the shooting! :D

Back