movies GI Jane

sfoster

Staff Member

You guys think they should reboot this franchise?
Who would star?

:pop:

Last edited:
I'm gonna say....

Michelle Rodriguez
Saoirse Ronan
Margot Robbie
Jessica Chastain
Rosamund Pike

could all be effective in that role.

As far as whether or not they should reboot it... Depends on the director. Some reboots are good and some are bad, depends more on who's involved than it does on the franchise. I think this one could easily go either way, because it's a plot that's fairly open to creative interpretation.

I'm gonna say....

Michelle Rodriguez
Saoirse Ronan
Margot Robbie
Jessica Chastain
Rosamund Pike

could all be effective in that role.

As far as whether or not they should reboot it... Depends on the director. Some reboots are good and some are bad, depends more on who's involved than it does on the franchise. I think this one could easily go either way, because it's a plot that's fairly open to creative interpretation.
Those are some good ones

Kristin Kreuk would be good
Charlize Theron probably doesn't want to shave her head again.

Maybe if there were an actress in hollywood that already has a shaved head
idk i don't keep up on current events

The whole post was ripped from the headlines! 😂😂

Jokes Watching Tv GIF by Gogglebox Australia

Nice try @sfoster 😅.

You guys think they should reboot this franchise?
Who would star?

I could care less who they use if it were rebooted but the story sucked for those of us that know how the system works... I actually went to the theater to watch this movie when it came out because I wanted to see how they were going to make this happen and make me believe it.

I didn't.

The story did NOT sustain my disbelief at all but that's because I was in the Navy for 21 years... I'm sure civilians ate it up... LOL. But none of it was realistic in my humble opinion.

So if they were to reboot it? I'd hope they beef up the story so that it's a bit more realistic... But after having typed that? I just laughed OUT LOUD because I know they won't.

And trust me... There are PLENTY of actresses (actors) who would be MORE THAN WILLING TO SHAVE THEIR HEAD for a great role. That wouldn't be a problem AT ALL.

The whole post was a joke by @sfoster. Chris Rock called Jada GI Jane and got smacked at the Oscars.

Either that or we can talk about the reboot for real 😂

I could care less who they use if it were rebooted but the story sucked for those of us that know how the system works... I actually went to the theater to watch this movie when it came out because I wanted to see how they were going to make this happen and make me believe it.

I didn't.

The story did NOT sustain my disbelief at all but that's because I was in the Navy for 21 years... I'm sure civilians ate it up... LOL. But none of it was realistic in my humble opinion.

So if they were to reboot it? I'd hope they beef up the story so that it's a bit more realistic... But after having typed that? I just laughed OUT LOUD because I know they won't.
Back when I was in HS I knew a really athletic girl that wanted to be a navy seal but was rejected since they didn't take girls.
Apparently they never let a woman in at all until.. last year.. !! hey that is a perfect time for a reboot

you could do this about the first female navy seal.
I was 14 when GI Jane came out so I clearly remember the advertising for it but I don't think i actually bothered to watch it.

Sounds like I dodged a bullet

And I believe she even graduated...

Had I been a civilian and knew nothing about special warfare in the Navy? I'm sure I would have been okay with the movie. Everyone did a good job of acting. It was the story I just couldn't get into.

Back