top-list Ebert's top 10 of the Decade: 2000-09

I have to say I loved Synecdoche New York. Charles Kaufman is a great writer and i loved the Truman Show and Being John Malkovich and I loved Synecdoche which was his first time directing. I definately feel like he was trying to go for the feel that Spike Jonze got on Being John Malkovich. Charle Kaufman writes great scripts and apparently he isn't a half bad director.

I really wish Ebert would have chose a movie I am aware of for #1...

Syanidechode?

WTF is that movie? I'm too lazy right now to read it.

The great thing about critics (or anyone) making a list like that
isn't to confirm what you already like. It's to make you aware
of movies you've never heard of. I'm with the others - see
"Synecdoche, New York" immediately. I wouldn't put it at number
one on my list, but it's a great movie that shouldn't be missed.

I have to say I loved Synecdoche New York. Charles Kaufman is a great writer and i loved the Truman Show and Being John Malkovich and I loved Synecdoche which was his first time directing. I definately feel like he was trying to go for the feel that Spike Jonze got on Being John Malkovich. Charle Kaufman writes great scripts and apparently he isn't a half bad director.
Kaufman didn't write the Truman Show, though it is a great movie. It was filmed near my hometown, which only enhances the surreality of the movie.

Kaufman didn't write the Truman Show, though it is a great movie. It was filmed near my hometown, which only enhances the surreality of the movie.

thats gotta be pretty dam cool being able to walk the set of the truman show. "OH SHIT SON! IM IN MY OWN TV SHOW!

You can stream it on netflix, based on recommendations I might have to watch it right now, and its 3:30 in the morning damn near ;)

You can stream it on netflix, based on recommendations I might have to watch it right now, and its 3:30 in the morning damn near ;)

yeah man thats what i did. i streamed it on netflix.

I'm going to create a new thread, "Your Netflix Instant Stream Favorites."

Back