top-list Ebert's top 10 of the Decade: 2000-09

I really wish Ebert would have chose a movie I am aware of for #1...

Syanidechode?

WTF is that movie? I'm too lazy right now to read it.

Synecdoche, New York, an intelligent, multi-layered masterpiece, is #1.

The Hurt Locker, an unintelligent action movie, is #2.

wat

Never heard of it.

It doesn't have aliens, big guns or unrated material, thus it didn't get a huge marketing campaign, thus I have never heard of it.

That's good aged makeup on Hoffman though.

I'll watch it. I trust you guys :)

I think I'll watch "Game of Death" or "Fist of Fury" tonight, now infact. Be it 10:54pm already.

The scores on either are astoundingly beautiful.

See you in the mornin' folks.

Yeah, Cracker. I feel the same:

Why wasn't Superbabies, Baby Geniuses 2 up there like at least #2.

Or Son of the Mask...

Well, these lists are, of course, completely subjective and personal. It's my favorite movie of all time, not ashamed or embarrassed to admit that.

How about we take this in a different direction -- what's everybody's top-ten of the last decade? Okay, if you insist, I'll start! (this is actually very easy for me, as I'm just copy-pasting something I wrote a few months back)

Spiderman 2
As is true with a couple other movies on this list, the music in this movie is half the reason for it being here. In this case, the combination of what we are watching and hearing is an absolute thrill-ride.

Signs
I've met a lot of people who just don't like this movie. I don't understand those people. Aliens are scary. And this is Shyamalan's last great movie (though, let's hope he has more in him). And the ending is perfect.

Million Dollar Baby
When he
tells her the meaning of "mo cuishle"
-- impossible for me to not shed some serious man-tears.

Ratatouille
My face muscles were sore from smiling after first viewing this movie. Internal control vs. external control -- that's what this movie's about, and it sure is a lot of fun to watch.

Ray
Jamie Foxx's performance is near hypnotic, and the built-in soundtrack is as good as you can get.

Gladiator
The Spaniard is the most badass badass of all time. There is a good story told here, with all-around good acting (especially Joaqin Pheonix), but let's be honest -- it's the battles that make it worth watching again and again.

Team America
Fuck Yeah! This is my litmus-test for whether or not you and I share a common sense of humor. I am honestly putting this movie at #4.

Wall-E
Ah, that poor lonely little robot. His space-waltz with E.V.E. is one of the most beautiful scenes of all time.

The Dark Knight
Best Superhero movie ever made. Best crime movie ever made. Best villain performance of all time (and may never be matched).

I've heard Synedoche was good - yet to see it, though.

Great call on Monster. I love that film. So tragic. :(

City of God got an honourable mention, which is another awesome flick. :)

I dunno how Minority Report ended up in the honourables. It was a great concept for a flick, but it ended up being so cumbersome and preachy. It wasn't helped by the ginormous plot-hole at the end, either. :no:

Still, it's always interesting to see how people stack their movies, and what they enjoy about each of them.

Hehe. "Minority Report" is cool. It's not my favorite, but it's cool.

You do realize "cracker" is a racial epithet, right? I'm rather offended.

Back