• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

"dark crimes" screening in Hollywood

directorik

IndieTalk's Resident Guru
indiePRO
darkcrimesinvite.jpg

Showing at the Ivar Theater in Hollywood. We've already had several distributors confirm and I would love to fill the house.

It would be great to meet some of the IndiTalk people.

Send me a note
Click here for a bigger pic of invatation.

Thanks for mentioning the bells. It's required that everyone be there with bells.

It's a free screening! And $3 off with the bells.

I'd like to bump this thread one more time.

I'd love to see some of you from IndieTalk at the screening.

-rik

Good luck Rik. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed in here in TX. And for the record, we have not heard of airplanes in Texas.

Poke

Holy plot-twists, Batman!
smiley_mono.gif

That was a very entertaining flick :cool:

ActorsCreativeWorkshop and I were both there.

Did Shelley (Shelby?) study Larry Niven for his character?

Congrats! :clap: Keep us updated on future screenings, I'd like to see it!

Btw... that first establishing scene in the bar was amazing. :cool:

That's one of the longest takes I think I've ever seen. The camera-person sure had their work cut out for them, continually moving about that like that.

How many takes did you do for that, and how many rehearsals before trying to first shoot it?

We rehearsed for on full day - 12 hours. Then shot it the next day.

Four partial takes (one of them cut 18min in when the StediCam operator backed into a chair), three complete takes. A 22 minute shot.

You should have seen that set. Operator, wireless boom (actors were all mic'd too), wireless follow focus and me with a wireless clamshell. Four crew and seven actors all doing a silent dance to make that shot happen.

Back