• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

"dark crimes" in Trail Dance

Congrats! :)

you'll be in good company as there are five films playing that we played at IPIFF including three award winners in Art Seymour, Jenny's Journal, and The Garage... also a few were selected that we received but did not accept.

By the way, if Thor & Lena are there for Something True, tell them I say hi!

This was a very good flick. :cool:

Saw it at the premiere in Los Angeles... sadly, didn't get a chance to personally greet the good directorik himself.

Congrats on the continued success! :cheers:

Thanks!

It's been a tough road - as it is for all of us indie movie makers. 27 festival entries, 3 acceptances, another 10 to hear from. My movie plays really will with an audience - big laughs and gasps - but not so well without a crowd.

We gotta meet, Zen. A couple of locals don't really have an excuse....

Congrats, Rik!

Two films I am heavily involved with, "Checking In" and "Under My Skin" will also be screening at Trail Dance Film Festival.

On "Checking In" I was co-writer, director, producer, editor, composer and scorpion wrangler, and on "Under My Skin" I was one of the producers and editor. UMS is up for Best Dramatic Film, and has already won Best Thriller at the Route 66 Film Festival.

I think Checking In is proving tough for fests to categorize - it's a dark comedy/thriller with a twist, and sometimes, even I don't know what to submit it as - it's not funny enough to be a comedy, it has too much humor to be a striaght up thriller...

I was planning to travel out for the fest, as I was seeing an actress in OKC for a short while, but that seems to have fallen apart, so I'm going to save my funds and lick my wounds here in L.A. Have fun in Duncan, Rik.

Your right Steve ..We had troubles classifying Checking In..so well done in so many ways .It does stick in ones mind....Best of luck to you and Director rik at the fest..

"dark crimes" got another "WINNER" for the DVD box. We won Best Mystery/Suspence.

I couldn't go to the fest. I was shooting a movie in Florida and missed my plane to Dallas. By the time I got there it was too late to see my movie, so I just headed back home.

Congratulations on your win, Rik - we also picked up a laurel for "Under My Skin" which was awarded "Best Drama". I understand the fest was pretty well attended and it sounds like they'll be doing it again next year.

I ended up accepting the award over a cell phone they held up to the mic on stage at the awards ceremony.

Sorry you missed your flight - hate it when you make a plan and it falls apart en route.

Thanks, guys. Now if I could just get this thing distributed....

They did the same with me, Steve. I wonder how many awards were accecpted over the phone that night?

Back