Bond vs. Bourne

I was talking with a buddy of mine yesterday, and somehow we got on the subject of Jason Bourne (who I think is awesome) and James Bond (who my friend think is awesome). Now we both debated who would win if these two action heroes were sent to kick the other's butt. What do you think?

In a cage match, where it's just straight fisticuffs -- Bourne. In fact, he would win this match quite easily.

In the real world, in an impromptu fight, where they can exploit the peculiarities of their surroundings, and use their wits to find weapons in odd places, Bond wins.

If the fight is not impromptu, but they know the showdown is going to happen, and they can both prepare for it, they would realize that they were actually being set up, and join forces to defeat their common enemy.

In a cage match, where it's just straight fisticuffs -- Bourne. In fact, he would win this match quite easily.

I disagree.

Bourne's a talented, well trained fighter but his ability is grounded somewhere near the real world. Bond's isn't. Does Bond ever lose a fight in 22 films? No. Does Bond defeat the baddest bad guys in the world? Yes. Does he defeat a giant with steel jaws? Yes. Would he have a problem using the power of convenient script writing to defeat Bourne? No.

SALT! Evelyn Salt.

Props to C-Funk for giving Remo Williams some love.

Last edited:
I have to go with Bourne. I love the movies and Bond is just too...ehhh. Without his gadgets he can't do much and Bourne is supposed to be an expert with hand combat and guns, unlike Bond who just presses a button on a remote that makes things go boom.

Hold on, now. Why does everybody assume we're talking about Daniel Craig? I'm pretty sure Roger Moore would kick his ass, and don't get me started on Sir Sean Connery.

actor vs actor or character vs character?

Actor vs actor I think ANY bond, with the exception of Timothy Dalton, could whip Matt Damon...

but character vs character Bourne is way more dangerous then Bond, and Bond is a lousy agent besides.. .. everyone knows who he is, he sleeps with the KGB etc..

I said we were talking about Daniel Craig, because really, who would you rather have in your bed? I think every one else is talking about the characters, but you know me, I'm superficial.

:D

Back