You can always use my town!
It's 99% white and republican, with a mean IQ of 80. Don't let the statistics in the article below fool you, households here don't actually make an average of 30k a year, that statistic is way too high because the average is thrown off by a handful of legacy wealth families who have 5 or 10 million dollars from inherited land. No person in my city has ever become conventionally successful through their own efforts, (Except for Orville Redenbacher) and it's just wall to wall wage slaves and nepotism princes.
If you're curious as to what very poor white kids do in high school. I'll fill in some details from my youth here in this flaming trash heap.
1. Huffing things. Just anything, glue, spray cans, drink a bottle of cough syrup, take motion sickness pills until you throw up. I would sit in the library reading Asimov and look out the window in Jr High, and there would be kids outside the window with a paper lunch bag crumpled over their heads, and you could see it moving in the rhythm of their breathing.
2. Repairing damaged cd's and cassettes of Iron Maiden albums that other students dropped when they got too wasted on trucker speed during recess. Somewhere in Time was the most valuable find, but you could get 2 packs of camel non filters for a copy of Powerslave, or Seventh son of a Seventh son. If you found a copy of 5150 or Back in Black though, you were the "rich kid" that week, and everyone came to your house to party, which meant drinking everclear mixed with Crest white strips, or whatever your friend with the jean jacket and wallet chain had invented that week.
3. Robbing houses. If your family was too poor to have tv or a bottle of cough syrup, you could go around town on foot stealing things. Usually while abusing over the counter medication which was also stolen. Sometimes the better thieves at school could earn enough money to start a crack habit, or join a church, or in a surprising number of cases, both! If you worked at the highest paying job in town, the trailer hitch factory, then some day you might be able to afford a car, which could be used to steal more valuable items, such as copper wire.
4. Murdering people over small amounts of drugs. During my time in high school, many of my classmates either murdered someone, or were murdered by someone, typically over a small amount of drugs, usually meth. A guy I once played basketball with killed his own grandmother during a fight over a tv he was trying to steal from her house to take to a pawn shop for meth money. They arrested him with the pawn receipt, which was for 20 dollars. The week before I left for California, a local kid had bludgeoned another kid to death at a party over a quarter oz of weed. Every time I tipped a teenage waitress in California with a Porche Carrera 20 bucks for bringing me a glass of coke, I thought about how some poor kid from a trap neighborhood had died over the same amount.
5. Explaining to each other which metal bands were heavier than which other metal bands. EG. Testament is way better than Napalm Death, but neither one is as dumb and loud as Corrosion of Conformity. It was a treasure trove of wisdom when it came to dropout metal.
Of course, occasionally there was a smart kid at school. Maybe there were 30 or 35 of us. Every single one including myself moved away at 18. The ones who stayed mostly became alcoholics, and when I returned after 20 years, the people I went to high school with all looked like they were 70. Since my return, a shocking number of people I went to high school with have just died, liver or kidney failure at 42-45. One of my best friends from high school drank for 20 years straight, and now when you talk to him, he can't think, or remember, or do any intelligence based task. He finally got a new job after 4 years unemployed, and he now reviews vape pens on YouTube for 15c a week.
But it wasn't all bad, there were some success stories. People that stayed here sometimes reached dizzying levels of success, such as becoming a disillusioned real estate agent, a predatory construction worker who earns a living bilking elderly people with stories about how their house would soon collapse if they didn't hire them to do huge amounts of unnecessary work. Last month, an NRA member who's reading level could be described as "Fox News" opened fire on a fedex delivery person, and once arrested, claimed that he thought he was being robbed by a man trying to carry a package up to his house. He chased the delivery driver in his car and hit the delivery vehicle several times with shotgun blasts. Yeeee- Haw.
CLAY COUNTY, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV)– Clay County Sheriff Paul Harden said the closure of State Road 59 for part of Monday night was caused by an incident involving shots being fired at a delivery d…
Can't imagine why this place hasn't become a tourist destination.
Anyway, now you know a bit about what poverty looks like in a predominantly white area. Basically, the republicans are right, and if you just pay everyone nothing, defund schools, and trap people in a place with no hope, that really works out well because it's super patriotic. The Jails and prisons and mental hospitals are full, and we have a flourishing population of obese people wearing cowboy hats and brandishing murder weapons on the street like a child with a new toy. My sincere thanks to the deep thinkers who have helped spread these benign philosophies.
Located about 60 miles southwest of Indianapolis, Brazil, Indiana was recently named Indiana's poorest town.