A song of my own.

Point counterpoint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpTz8r5OMdg

The problem is that mainstream music in general is garbage, not by genre.

Lyrics without music are just poetry.

Yes, yes, and well I don't really agree with that last one but I hear ya.

My "poetry" will be music soon by your definition, but I'm trying to create a beat and make it sound good. Something I've never attempted before.

Thankfully the program I use, Reaper is like Premier for audio. Except it doesn't cost $1000 and I'm learning as I go. lol

Is it just me, or does this smiley need headphones? -->:yes:

I wish I could sing like them.

Their musical knowledge and ability is uncanny.

The apple loop they chose to use must have taken at least 5 minutes to find. They spent a long time on this and it shows.

Grammy.
Being a music casual isn't a crime, but professing knowledge about something you're relatively ignorant about is.

Sad part is I can't find a definition of Casual that fits your reply. Little help?
You're into music the way most people are into movies - casually. Meaning, it's not something you're really into, and thus aren't exactly in a position to be criticizing music.

(The ol' "they can't sing!" argument is a dead giveaway. Next you'll be telling me Neutral Milk Hotel are bad because Jeff Mangum sounds like a whiny pubescent!)

Oh man, this thread is getting so Avatar'd. :no:
Bombing awful threads is what I do. Like that guy from the Green Mile, I take all of the awfulness of threads inside of me and regurgitate it back out into the world.

I guess that's probably more like a fly.

You're into music the way most people are into movies - casually. Meaning, it's not something you're really into, and thus aren't exactly in a position to be criticizing music.

(The ol' "they can't sing!" argument is a dead giveaway. Next you'll be telling me Neutral Milk Hotel are bad because Jeff Mangum sounds like a whiny pubescent!)

If you only knew what I did for a living. Or who I work with.

LOL.

I am not even going to get into it.

Ever seen a Grammy, my friend?

If you only knew what I did for a living. Or who I work with.

LOL.

I am not even going to get into it.
All I saw was an implication that hip hop isn't an artform.

Ever seen a Grammy, my friend?
The Grammys are about as indicative of music quality as the Academy Awards are of movie quality.

Bombing awful threads is what I do. Like that guy from the Green Mile, I take all of the awfulness of threads inside of me and regurgitate it back out into the world.

I guess that's probably more like a fly.
It's not so awful. It had a discussion. You just hijacked it. But I'm enjoying your talk so please continue.

Back to the original topic:

Here's a classical example of two things.
1.) Race means nothing in hip hop. Shitty rappers come in all shapes, sizes, and ethnicity. Some White rappers are good... and then there's Asher Roth.
2.) Underground destroys mainstream.

Asher Roth trying to diss Copywrite - "Silly Boy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGV44eQg7Nc&feature=related

Copywrite murdering Roth lyrically (And stealing the ashes in a shoebox) - "Cremation"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGkD0xl2sSo&playnext_from=TL&videos=7EaD15IOfmw

Oh man, this thread is getting so Avatar'd. :no:

Lol. The first time a thread got all jacked up I take full responsibility for, or at least my share of it. So glad that I can wash my hands clean of this one.

Uranium, I had a similar thought today. Some of the personal threads are fun (like the pics). But yeah, we're digressing a bit too much.

What I was trying to say is how can you call monotonous doubled mumbling music?

With a weak, thin, mundane apple-loop beat in the background.

Then the singer tries to go up and do some melodies but fails to hit the right notes, and thus hits flat and sharp and sounds like the Hoobastank singer when he sings live,

I thought Pro Tools comes with AutoTune for free? At least use it...

Back