1st public screening of "Antihero"

booyah-3.png

Thanks, everybody! To answer a couple questions --

It will be many months before I distribute any DVD's, but you can rest assured I will properly notify. Festival-run comes first, then DVD's. Hopefully, some of you will be able to catch it in a festival near you.

Flicker, we had press promoting it, actually. Got a nice write-up in Richmond's most-read weekly free entertainment --

http://www.styleweekly.com/ME2/Audiences/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=8F3A7027421841978F18BE895F87F791&tier=4&id=3376801F5E0A4E0F9AD1CBEE632A0E1E&AudID=307AACC9CB4748F1BF28EC3057EA1071

as well as an interview in Richmond's underground internet magazine --

http://rvamag.com/articles/full/10332/dick-jazz-an-interview-with-antihero-stars-brian-gartland-and-joe-carlson

At the actual screening, the local college (VCU) newspaper interviewed me.

Zensteve, SXSW has a rough copy of the movie for consideration. But it is a really rough copy, so I'm about to ship off this much more polished version. Crossing fingers on that. The next big festival submission is Los Angeles. I'm going to wait until I hear back from some of these more prestigious festivals, before I start sending to the medium and small ones. It's not that I don't want it to screen everywhere -- I don't care how small a fest is, I'd love for it to be screened wherever. It's just that I want to save "premeire" status for a bigger fest, hopefully.

What about yr international audience...? I move around a lot.

When will I get the chance to see a feature length rough cut?

I can donate no problem...

I haven't been around these parts for too long, but I must say that I am extremely proud of you, CF. You are among the kind souls of this forum, always willing to welcome newcomers and share information while maintaining a solid sense of humor.

All the best with this project and all to follow.

Bad news, sheepishly-optimistic news, good news.

Bad News:

I got the rejection letter from SXSW today. Honestly, I was expecting that. The copy I sent them was really rough (it didn't even have audio in some places). Unfortunately, I just sent them the more polished version that we screened last week.

Sheepishly-optimistic News:

Hypothetically, we might not be completely out of the running for SXSW. According to their FAQ page, they might watch the more polished version that I just sent them. Meh, I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Good News:

Actually, this is great news for me. SXSW wasn't actually my 1st choice. Of course, I'd love to screen there, but my primary target has always been Seattle International. I missed their deadline. Or so I thought! It seems Seattle International has an extended deadline for withoutabox submissions, and I have not missed that one.

:woohoo:

Back