• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

ZazaSlider-DIY Slider for Independent Filmmakers

http://www.zazaslider.com/instructions.html

Bring motion to your shots without spending a ton of cash... build a ZazaSlider!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0IQpz6OH_I

Get complete instructions on how to build your own ZazaSlider, watch videos of it's use, view pictures of different set-ups in the gallery
and checkout the support solution designed to take your ZazaSlider to the next level of flexibility.

www.zazaslider.com

UPDATE: New "ZazaSlider Complete" now available!

For those of you who don't want to be bothered with all the drilling & tapping, I'm now offering complete 1000mm ZazaSliders.
16-60mm, 1000mm (39") rail, 100mm carriage, ZazaSlider Feet, drilled, tapped & ready to slide.

http://www.zazaslider.com/products.html

ZSC1000_sm.jpg

Shipping 3/17/2010

5/13/10 UPDATE:
ZazaSlider Basic now available!

This is the slider for you non-DIYer's.... comes completely drilled & tapped, ready for you to add an end-stop solution and start sliding.

ZazaSliderBasic1000a.jpg

:woohoo:

Last edited:
Hey ZaZACast, I followed your design thread over on DVInfo and was inspired.

I have a different Slider of my own making, but it was out of found materials, so my original constraints were different. If you were to try and BUY the parts for my slider it would be in the thousands of dollars range, but by scrounging around at my local tech-junk store I found this high precession pneumatic slide table that after when I saw it I immediately said "hey,that could be a ZaZaSlider knock off!" I bought it for $20, picked up a hand full screws and a few taps.. and well.. the "lil'slider" was born.

http://www.vimeo.com/9085688

I have since made some improvements, a drag \ lock, increased the space between the platform and the mount plate..

Ill be adding legs\handles, shoulder pad and battery\accessory pack to it so it can do double duty as a shoulder rig.

Thanks again for your inspiration.

Way to go Wheatgrinder! Good find in the junk store.:clap:
Remember the ZazaSlider Feet will work on just about anything out there...
I designed them in a way that allows people to easily customize them for their own use.

Keep On Slidin'
-Zaza

Wow, those feet\handles are AWESOME... of course, I plan to simply steel your design and make my own out of junk I find.. but those really are the best looking handles Iv seen.. And since Im blatantly steeling your idea, I offer this next paragraph as a pseudo payment :)

You know, It looks like you could drill two 15mm holes 60mm apart in the main member, find some way to clamp on to 15mm rod.. and quadruple your market position for the existing camera rail market.

also, are those ratcheting bolts on the joint? I just saw some of those for the first time at my local hardware store a few days ago.. very cool and perfect for this kinda stuff.

Thanks

I already have a 15mm and 19mm rod adapter in the works...along with some other things.
(FYI...patent pending) ;)

...and since you're stealing my design... no more information for you! LOL!!

Not only would I like to build one of those, I'd like to build a lot of other things. Having a background in construction and handyman work makes it easier.

And welcome to the boards. I bookmarked your site.

Not only would I like to build one of those, I'd like to build a lot of other things. Having a background in construction and handyman work makes it easier.

And welcome to the boards. I bookmarked your site.

Thanks again Ace!

Keep an eye out, next week I'll be offering the "ZazaSlider Complete"!
These will be complete slider packages ready to go in a couple useful sizes.

Cheers!:)

NEW ZazaSlider Product!

I've just posted a few new products.... both complete slider packages, as well as parts that can take your DIY project to the next level!

The NEW ZazaBasic Feet are a great end-stop / support solution at a very reasonable price.

The new stuff is in and ready to order here:

New ZazaSlider Standard
1000mm rail, 100mm custom carriage (8 bolts) & ZazaBasic Feet

ZazaSliderStandard_sm.jpg

NEW ZazaBasic Feet

ZazaBasicFeet2.jpg

NEW ZazaBasic Support Bars

ZazaBasicSupportBars_sm.jpg

NEW ZazaSlider Carriage Kit
100mm carriage plate with 8 counter-bored holes
allowing you to better lock the carriage in alignment! Include (4) bolts

ZazaSliderCarriageKit_sm.jpg

...and last...but not least....

NEW Budget End-Stop Kit
(4) 1" hex head bolts and (4) neoprene washers

BudgetEndStopKit_sm.jpg

So now there are 3 different sliders... the "ZazaSlider Complete", "ZazaSlider Standard" and "ZazaSlider Basic"...something for every filmmakers budget.

www.zazaslider.com

Best,
-Zaza

Hey Zaza, a few questions.

I live in the UK, how much will shipping cost?

Also i want a cheap solution that i can mount on my tripod, is this possible with the basic slider and what is involved?

Also i want a cheap solution that i can mount on my tripod, is this possible with the basic slider and what is involved?

I believe shipping to the UK is $85.00 via USPS (I know... I know... shipping is crazy expensive).
The box is 41" long and packed, weighs about 18lbs.

You can see the shipping charges in the shopping cart on the web site: www.zazaslider.com

The rail is drilled & tapped 3/8"-16 in the center...so all you do is screw it on a tripod and you're ready to go. If you like, others have mounted a quick release plate on the bottom of the rail for fast on & off set-up.

Hope that helps.
Best,
-Zaza

Also.... you do know Glidetrack is in the UK, right? They might be a bit more expensive, but it might be worth looking into? Remember, all my ZazaSlider Feet and the ZazaBasic Feet will work on pretty much any slider out there....even ones you might create yourself.

Have you thought of building your own? Full instructions are up on my web site too.

Let me know if you need anymore information.
-Za

Back