Your Favourite Pixar Animation Movie

meh, wall-e although a good film was just too silent for me. hey, im a typical 13 year old kid, but i did like the soundtrack to UP - that was amazing.

yeh, i understand that. there is a great message. and we are gonna fu** up this earth the way were going. just... meh, i found it a tad boring.

It's very hard to pick just one.

"Wall-E" was terrific, a real tour-de-force by sound designer Ben Burtt who did the sound for the first three Star Wars films.

For pure fun I would have to pick "The Incredibles". Randy Thom (one of my personal heros) did an amazing job on the sound and Michael Giacchinos score is brilliant. A close second is "Ratatouille."

The opening of "Up" made me cry, and as a parent I adore "Finding Nemo."

I would recommend the Pixar Shorts collection. Besides being a lot of fun there is a very nice short documentary about Pixar. And if you ever get the chance see "The Pixar Story" which is sort of an expanded version of the documentary. Now that's where I want to work!

My favorite is the short film with the alien abduction driving test.

Otherwise, features I would have to say Up, and The Incredibles as a close second.

1. Up - just for the character design and the story, not to mention the sound was great. Michael Semanick is one of my favorite re-recording mixers.

2. The Incredibles - sound was magnificent and I have never seen a movie that used more sub bass properly like that - Randy knows how to rock the house.

3. Bugs Life - characters, I love the german caterpillar voice, too bad that man passed away.

4. Cars - just for the little plug at the end credits that acknowledges that the Ratzenburger voice talent guy has been in every single Pixar film ever made practically (including Up, he was one of the construction workers in the beginning when he first lifts his house).

5. Toy Story - who doesn't love Tom Hanks?

Uh oh - I forgot about Wall-E... How could I?

Put that at 1.5 - I loved it.

Shows that you don't need long dialogue sequences to tell a story - especially with Ben Burtt at the helm of sound design.

Ratatouille!!! i forgot about that little blue rat, yeh i really enjoyed that one as well!

I downloaded all the shorts a while back in .dpg format (for nintendo DS) they were all really good but my favourite was the one with the rabbit and the 'Jackalope?' gave a really good message. 'sometimes youre up, and sometimes youre down (cant remember the rest but it was useful to know haha)

Finding Nemo is tops for me-simply the fact they pulled off a movie without a "bad guy"(the niece or Dentist don't count to me), and told a great story about self discovery.

Up was wonderful, I could have done without the whole "evil explorer" storyline, the story about moving on was the bigger part for me.

Incredibles- This was almost an "adult" cartoon-in regards to story and context, particularly the first half.

HM-Cars, though this falls under the "what could have been" category-could have focussed less on the upcoming race, and delved deeper into the "times changing" storyline.

What are your favorite characters from a Pixar film?

The little shrimp or whatever it is from Finding Nemo is my favorite "I am ashamed"

Doug from Up,

Flea from Bugs Life...

Finding Nemo? Dory, hands down....

"Are you my conscience?"
Marlin: "Yea, I'm your conscience...we haven't talked in a while...." :lol:

yeh nemo was a good one. the best soundtrack (like to play on speakers, not neccesarily the content) was cars. we have a good surround sound and cars sounded amazing in stereo with all the cars passing the sound stage

Ratatouille and Monster's Inc!

Although there's something to be said for the amazement of the original Toy Story when no one else was making 3d animated films of that scope.

I gotta say my two favorites are The Incredibles and A Bug's Life.

Incredibles because I am a huge superhero fan and I can't help but love that film.

Bug's Life mostly for the Seven Samurai references. And Kevin Spacey's voice work.

As I read through all these posts and try to come up with my answer, what's astonishing to me is the lack of turkeys in the Pixar canon. I can't think of any instance where critical and audience acclaim wasn't extremely high. They are ALL GREAT. And damn if I can't come up with my favorite. Unlike every other celebrated director in my personal favorites lists, It seems I can sit down in front of any new Pixar film and be guaranteed that I (and my kids) will be thoroughly and completely engaged and entertained, from Toy Story onward.

The directors of Pixar films always get to play the best parts, too (Andrew Stanton as Crush the Turtle, Brad Bird as Edna Mode).

They also know when NOT to make a sequel...I can't believe there was wisdom enough to let Monsters Inc and Nemo stand by themselves (hopefully...fingers crossed)

If pushed, Monsters Inc and Nemo. And The Incredibles. And Toy Story. And WALL-E. And Ratatouille. And UP just slayed me. And Toy Story II is as good a sequel as Godfather II.

(Uggh...that's enough sunshine for today...time to reset my brain with some Antonioni, probably The Passenger).

I agree...

I feel the same way about Pixar that any film they make is a masterpiece.

What a great reputation to have.

I don't think Pixar will ever have a bomb. (crossed fingers)

Back