Would anyone be interested in helping a young girl fulfill her dreams?

My name is Anna Turner, this morning my father decided he was going to help me start making films to the best of his ability. MY father has no experience in making films :) so I leave it up to the world of artists to help me. I need to know where to get filming equipment, how much that equipment costs, what it does, how many I need etc... the basics from the start really :) much thanks to all who read and my heart to all who help.

Tomorrow me and my dad have planned on going and inspecting our route for my film that I'm working on. Today we are at the starting point of the film. We will look out and plan what shots I should take from here to there.

Hint: It involves a monument :P

Remember when you plan for your shots, you do not have to shoot the movie in chronological order. You should schedule your shots by location then by actors involved. That way you can maximize your efficiency.

Good luck DreamBig. A lot of us were in the same position as you at one point and for me it was not that long ago. I lurked here for over a year reading, learning and more reading before I was able to purchase my first camera and start filming something. Most members on here are VERY knowledgeable and will give great advice when it's needed. Stay focused on your goals and you'll do fine! Lucky is awesome for giving you a camera to start with, so make sure you follow his rules and have fun!

Thanks everyone! My dad, uncle and brother used to be in a band so they offered to custom write me the soundtrack! :D My dad is awesome! And I live in Texas so of course it's a Texas monument :P

DreamBig [...] seems genuine and reminds me a bit of myself at her age (and younger). I firmly believe in supporting the creative ambitions of the young because I received a ton of support when I was younger. The camera (an DVX200B for those that care) was sitting in a closet unused since I switched to HD awhile back. As it was, I was planning to donate the camera to a school AV program, but they all want HD gear now. If DreamBig makes just one video with the camera and passes it along to another aspiring filmmaker, I will be just as pleased as if she made 100 features with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone. My uncle bought me some very good programs for video editing, I have no choice now, it's not just the fact I want to but I can't just lose interest and drop it I've already gotten a camera and like $160 that my uncle has put into it with programs! I already have a bunch of people helping me.

Yesterday my brother told me "Take the extra step. If you don't end up actually making films, you'll end up doing something that film making led you to! You'll have more experience from it! It'll be useful, someday"

Thanks everyone. My uncle bought me some very good programs for video editing, I have no choice now, it's not just the fact I want to but I can't just lose interest and drop it I've already gotten a camera and like $160 that my uncle has put into it with programs! I already have a bunch of people helping me.

What editing programs did you recieve?

Wow, that's a lot of responses for such a noob question...

Anyways I didn't read all of these pages so I'm not even sure what took place but I do want to say that before you buy or committ to anything, you should first write your ideas into movie scripts. Start there and see how that works for you. Do you have any ideas whatsoever?

Back