movies WHO'S EXCITED FOR INDIANA JONES 5?

When I saw the still images on set in London, I got really excited again! Indiana Jones is one of my top favorite movie collections! I could care less about the story line, I'm just glad to see Harrison Ford back as Indiana Jones! Let me know your thoughts, are you as excited as I am?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm honestly not sure if I'm or I'm not excited about it, I have to say!

Indiana Jones was my favorite trilogy as a kid, went to see the fourth film dressing as him even hahaha, but as I grew up I understood why many people didn't like it, and my first "but" is CGI. I think the fourth movie stands out way too much because of the CGI used, in comparison with the other three.

Nevertheless, I'll definitely go and watch it when it comes out so I can have a solid opinion about it!

I'm honestly not sure if I'm or I'm not excited about it, I have to say!

Indiana Jones was my favorite trilogy as a kid, went to see the fourth film dressing as him even hahaha, but as I grew up I understood why many people didn't like it, and my first "but" is CGI. I think the fourth movie stands out way too much because of the CGI used, in comparison with the other three.

Nevertheless, I'll definitely go and watch it when it comes out so I can have a solid opinion about it!
Definitely correct. What made the three original films great, in my opinion, were the use of Real Practical Effects. And, the fact it was shot on Celluloid Film with a Solid Story Structure! I feel that the new one, Indy 5, will be good due to the fact of the Director involved and some of the Awesome actors that are supporting Harrison Ford. James Mangold is a cool director.

Last edited:
Dude is almost 80 years old, it's not going to be an action movie...
And I think all of the IJ films are pretty dated TBH. I'm not very excited for it.

I didn't even watch the crystal skull bc I heard so many awful things.

What made the three original films great, in my opinion, were the use of Real Practical Effects
I agree! Too much CGI in the last one, hope this latest sequel doesn't commit the same mistake!

I thought about this as well, Harrison Ford is definitely an actor that never surrenders.

Do you guys think Shia LaBeouf will be in it?

I'm sure it will be an action movie. I actually love seeing the older actors trying to pull this stuff off. I'll see it for that reason alone!

I wouldn't be surprised if they do it like Indy 3, where Ford will be in more of a Sean Connery role, with his younger protege pulling off the heavy lifting, running, jumping, etc. As long as it's not Shia LaBeouf, it might work.

I like director, James Mangold's work. KNIGHT AND DAY is really underrated, in my opinion. He's going to make something cool out of this; I'm pretty sure it will be way better than CRYSTAL SKULL, which was still a lot of fun.

He did his own stunt and now he needs shoulder surgery. Production halted till Sept.

Imagine the budget used for a great idea instead of this garbage. Hey Harrison how bout that medamucil! Can you Spin the whip? Just for old times sake? Can you show us a leap or two?! Throw it in if ya can

There should be a tax for LAF movies made just to make money, and instead distribute those funds... so the real movie idea, you know the one that people actually want to see...can hire some actual gear to make a great movie.

Shit is annoying.

Last edited:
He works as an actor for a living. I'm glad he is able to work with all the ageism in Hollywood. Nothing wrong with writing a screenplay around age. So his bones creak, make it funny. Let him keep doing what he does!

He works as an actor for a living. I'm glad he is able to work with all the ageism in Hollywood. Nothing wrong with writing a screenplay around age. So his bones creak, make it funny. Let him keep doing what he does!
Just would be cool to see fresh ideas invested in by rehashed garbage. Indiana Jones was great in the 80s...but damn, contribute to something fresh with profits if your going to ride that train, maybe I am overthinking it. How about Indiana Jones 5 contributes to new creativity in the film world! Or is that communism?

Last edited:
It just seems so much like a "let's get one more cash grab in, while we can" thing.. I want to enjoy it! Spielberg & Ford don't have the energy they did in the 80's. If they leaned more into that, and made Indy a retired scholar who has hung up the whip, then I could see that being interesting.

But it's just going to be 80 year old Harrison Ford wearing his hat and whipping things, and saying "oh boy, here we go again" or something.

old danny glover GIF

Idk if i would consider it a cash grab...
These people are so old and succesful already.

I think they might just be bored and want an excuse to work on something ?

Idk if i would consider it a cash grab...
These people are so old and succesful already.

I think they might just be bored and want an excuse to work on something ?
Sorry, my cash grab point was more from the perspective of the producers. Adding to a beloved franchise to cash in on a name everyone will stop and go see, and all that.

Also, I completely agree. Spielberg/Ford are old, bored, and have nothing to prove. That sort of goes against the spirit of the original films. It just seems unnecessary to me. Or again, they could have Indy be an aging scholar and show more of his professor side. Maybe allude to how age and life slow him down, and he can't be the adventurer he once was. That'd be interesting to me!

I just think it's going to be whip stuff.

But people like familiarity. There's a reason people "stop" discovering new music and only listen to what they did in their teens and twenties. Comfort food. Movies are the same. So why not give people comfort characters? I don't see the big deal. TV series are ok but sequels are always some big deal! I don't mind. If the movie is bad it's just like a bad episode of your favorite show. The franchise isn't ruined! I get it about it being two hours of your time and ticket money. That part I get. But the way people watch today I would expect they would be more forgiving. :)

But people like familiarity. There's a reason people "stop" discovering new music and only listen to what they did in their teens and twenties. Comfort food. Movies are the same. So why not give people comfort characters? I don't see the big deal. TV series are ok but sequels are always some big deal! I don't mind. If the movie is bad it's just like a bad episode of your favorite show. The franchise isn't ruined! I get it about it being two hours of your time and ticket money. That part I get. But the way people watch today I would expect they would be more forgiving. :)
I suppose! To answer the question in the header though, this is just why I am not particularly excited about seeing Indiana Jones 5. I would rather see something new and innovative done with the character, if they 100% had to revive it. Or, if I'm feeling nostalgic and want to watch Indiana Jones, I do own the DVDs and can go back whenever I want. I'm sure absolutely tons of people will love the new movie though, so I get it!

Back