• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Who wants to help me write a script?

Alright everyone. I have been trying to find a writer to help me write a script with me. I really want to write a feature script. And I really really want to write one about zombies. But I want this to be different than other zombie movies. So if anyone is up to help me that would be AWESOME. I almost forgot, I produce a commercial for the Doritos Superbowl contest. We didn't win but it was an awesome experience. I was working on a feature indie script but didnt finish it.

Jacob

I really really want to write one about zombies. But I want this to be different than other zombie movies.

I'm looking for just such a script. If you have the idea that makes
it different, I would be interested in helping you write the script. If
you and MobsterLVL come up with a truly different zombie script
would you allow me to read it?

"idk how will this be possible i am in New York and you in Ohio ...

and if we will be making any money the question is how and how much are we talking abut here??? "

Which is why i don't get involved - before even one word is written...;)

"idk how will this be possible i am in New York and you in Ohio ...

and if we will be making any money the question is how and how much are we talking abut here??? "

Which is why i don't get involved - before even one word is written...;)

You could work over Skype. I recently spotted a film using Skype and it was a very sucessful process. Free face to face communication. The world is indeed getting smaller.

Why those zombie movies again? I hate them. They are so cliche. Some virus spreads, and everyone becomes zombies. The survivors kick ass... The end.

But they don't have to be that way, do they? That's the Hollywood, cookie-cutter formula for a zombie movie. The people here are talking about a 'different' zombie movie. It can be done, have faith!

I actually have a zombie movie written that's at least slightly different to what's been done recently, it's very much a homage to "Zombie Flesh Eaters" (or "Zombi 2" in the US). There's nothing drastically different about it, but one one thing, my zombies certainly can't run!

Serpent and the Rainbow was a very fun film. I remember being terrified by the newspaper advert for it as a kid (burying alive...shudder). However, I would argue that the cliche in zombie movies is NOT the survivors kick ass...but rather, the survivors fail to kick ass and go systematically insane under the pressure. When did zombie movies turn from horror movies into action movies? I'm not a purist by any sense of the word, but when I see rotting flesh and gore, I want horror. Anyway.

Zombies, like horror movies in general, I feel work best when they are used as a metaphor. It doesn't even need to be subtle (all respect to George Romero, but he'll be the first to admit that he is as subtle as...well...a zombie) but if your film has something to say, it will stand apart from those who just make zombie films because they like zombies. And there will ALWAYS be a place for films with something to say.

Further perspective; good characters will take you very far in a zombie film. Why is the Walking Dead such a good read? The characters are all interesting, multi-dimensional. You can relate to their good (and bad) decisions and their inevitable mental decline. And the zombies are far from the scariest thing in that world (we're looking at The Governor...and backing away slowly....)

I'm kinda babbling now, but anyway, I think there is always room for new zombie films. And I think you'll end up with new twists on the genre if you focus on what the film means, rather than just that it is a zombie film. Either way, I will want to watch it (and let me know if you need music!)

Zombie Movie Plot/Idea

Alright everyone. I have been trying to find a writer to help me write a script with me. I really want to write a feature script. And I really really want to write one about zombies. But I want this to be different than other zombie movies. So if anyone is up to help me that would be AWESOME. I almost forgot, I produce a commercial for the Doritos Superbowl contest. We didn't win but it was an awesome experience. I was working on a feature indie script but didnt finish it.

Jacob

Zombie Movie Plot

Lecturer talking about new invention to assist healing of brain injuries but also assist all healing of body.

How device works:
Doctor uses drugs that interfere with outer layers of brain to suppress activity and inducing coma, by suppressing those HUMAN areas of the brain (the outer most layers) those areas are able to heal faster. HOWEVER the doctor can then use a device that produces specific patterns of EMwaves that make the inner layers (reptilian areas) increase in activity, thus producing hormones and natural drugs etc that are found in Reptilians (including they start sweeting and urinating these "new"(old - chemicals/hormones) but no longer in humans. If the 'human' outer layers are not suppressed they interfere with the inner reptilian layers from functioning like in ancient times, however with the outer layers suppressed and the use of this machine the inner reptilian side is able to swing into full Ancient functioning, Note that reptilians are able to regrow limbs, WELL, the reptilian part has extinct functions re-activated and healing occurs and a patient can regrow limbs!

Well, a student in the lecture asks if the patient will become more aggressive if they have reptilian brain activity increased, but lecturer points out that the patient will be in coma! However even if the patient was not in coma, their human outer layers would interfere and suppress the effect of the machine on the inner layers and therefor no net effect would actually occur on the person unless the person is in coma, hence it isn't possible for any aggression to actually occur.

A student suggests to his friend, maybe the device could work on a sleeping human mind, producing healing in people around the world while they sleep, all they need to do is connect the device to a powerful antenna, like the local AM radio station. The student has a sister that is paralyzed and maybe she could regrow her spinal cord while she sleeps. he doesn't want this to take 10 or 15 years before in is trailed and commercialized and then another 20 years before in is cheap enough for his sister. Later, at night time, this student breaks in and steals the demo machine. He takes it to a local radio station and breaks in to the station and connects the device up to the transmitter.

The student cuts himself while climbing over the razor sharp barb wire on the way out of the station, but the injury heals almost instantly!

An hour later, we see corpses digging themselves out of the ground! The corpses can smell the reptilian hormones on other corpses and so don't attack other corpses, however humans don't have the smell (unless they have just been asleep) and so the corpses attack any human that is not asleep or hasn't recently been asleep.

The medical scientist, realizes it is his device that is responsible for the zombies. He tells a college that a issue he didn't discuss in the lecture he gave, is that the device does more than he explained in the lecture, it also can trigger the switching off or switching on of genes, ancient genes, and this side effect he hasn't corrected yet, so it is possible that after a period of time the zombies and humans could start to change into other creatures, however the switching is random.

Why those zombie movies again? I hate them. They are so cliche. Some virus spreads, and everyone becomes zombies. The survivors kick ass... The end.
The writer who comes up with something new should be able to
make a sale. Maybe even make a lot of money and change the
genre. I can see you aren't going to throw your serious hat into
this project.

But they don't have to be that way, do they? That's the Hollywood, cookie-cutter formula for a zombie movie.
I don't know of any "Hollywood, cookie-cutter" zombie movies. All
the zombie movies I know of are independents. I don't believe it's
the Hollywood studio system that is putting out cookie-cutter zombie
movies. I don't even know of a Hollywood studio making zombie movies.

Back