industry who are the sleaziest agents?

For example -- which agent would accept someone like Spacey as a client now?
Right now Spacey doesn't have an agent. So no one has accepted Spacey
as a client now.
I recall that the writer of The Hitcher and Body Parts used to use the pseudonym Eric Red.
Would devices like that still be used in this back-biting era we have entered?
Yes, using a pseudonym could still be used in this era.

I gave a joke answer to what seemed to be a joke question.

To clarify, a legitimate agent's livelihood is dependent on his or her credibility in the industry, so when a person is disgraced publicly like Spacey was, real agents won't represent them anymore, because guilt by association would undermine their credibility, hurting their business, and even reducing the credibility of other clients that they represent.

Sleazy agents are pretty much exactly what I described, people with no ethical foundation who are willing to make promises they know to be untrue for the purpose of extracting up front payments from desperate people.

You seem upset that you can't get a legitimate answer, but the issue it that there is no legitimate answer to your question, because a sleazy agent isn't really an agent at all, they are just con men, typically preying on those at a low point in their lives by selling false hope.

So even if I had the name of such a person in my contacts, I couldn't in good conscience share that information with you as a serious alternative for career advancement, because in essence I'd just be throwing you to the wolves.

Does that make sense?

but the same could not be said for lawyers,
and a lawyer can represent a creative artists
although not in the same way an agent can.

The writer chooses the person/studio to submit the script to
and communicates this to an entertainment lawyer whom they have contracted.
The proposal/script is then sent under the letterhead of the lawyer.

Last edited:
Back