Which films have scenes where an actor verbally announces what time it is?

Hey guys, I'm a L.A. based artist that is currently putting together a clock video sculpture that will play for 12-hours long. I have an idea of showing scenes from movies where an actor/actress verbally announces what time it is. I've tried searching but haven't gotten many results. If anyone knows of any scene, from any film, of any genre where the actual time is verbalized in the film, please post the info on this thread. I would greatly appreciate it!

I don't know, but I will list some where time is a factor.
Three O'Clock High
The Breakfast Club
Run Lola Run
Sorry, that's all I got!

Back to the Future

Battlestar Galactica episode "33" (episode's name, not actual number)

Maybe Groundhog Day? Lots of clock-shots, anyway.

Kentucky Fried Movie - "24 minutes past the hour", by the newsdesk shortly before the gorilla goes ape.

Hmm, this is harder than I thought.

Last edited:
Pulp Fiction

JULES
What time is it?

VINCENT
(checking his watch)
Seven-twenty-two in the morning.

I believe Kubrick's "The Killing" has the narrator constantly announcing the time as the movie flashes forwards and backwards, i.e. something like "At 3:30 Johnny drove back over to the track" or "At 4:35 Val got the suitcase ready for the drop." (these are gross paraphrases).

"Nick of Time" with Johnny Depp and Christopher Walken features a lot of clock and watch looking, if I remember correctly.

Just thought of a couple more...in Kubrick's "The Shining," Wendy delivers breakfast to Jack in their suite...eggs, sunny side up. He asks what time it is, and she answers "It's eleven-thirty."

Jan Svankmeijer's (sp) "Alice," a horrifying claymation retelling of "Alice in Wonderland" features the white rabbit buttering a pocket watch several times.

Raising Arizona

Nathan Arizona is on the phone with someone at his store "Unpainted Arizona" and says something like: "it is now 7:45 in the a.m. I'll be down there in one hour to kick me some butt or my name ain't Nathan Arizona"

Or something like that (off the top of my head). I think as he says the time, a subtitle comes up showing the exact same time - pretty funny.

December 24th, Nine p.m. Eastern Standard Time from here on in ...
From RENT (sung, but not shown)

I think there lots of zoom in clock shots in Quick and the Dead (but now I re-read your first post and you wanted VERBALIZED time announcements -- my bad)

Last edited:
Back