• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Wheatgrinder's March IT Challenge: cinematography

I've even gone so far as to use tape to attach foam core to the ceiling... although spring clamps are cheap for a couple of them and it's easy to construct a frame/stand for them out of anything that can screw/snap together (PVC, Lightstands + tent pole, etc...)

My first submission went in the scrap heap, but I said I would submit something, so here goes. Available night light - city, with no post effects except sweetening the exposure a tad because YouTube makes things dark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl8wd1lYZWI

nice camvader...

I particularly like the deep focus on the opening shot.

Was that final shot a setup or did you just got lucky?

I was set up in front of a door and it just happened.

Gosh, do I need actors to start even 1% of what I have planned.

I'm John by the way.

Last edited:
I have nothing to contribute (cameras ain't my forté), but y'all are doing great in these challenges.
smiley_tiphat.gif

Wow, I never realized the two spin-offs were from that show. I guess this means you get to pick next months subject/topic.

Fun clips, guys! I'm actually surprised there aren't more people submitting considering how everyone is making love to their new DSLRs. ;)

I almost think we could assemble an IndieTalk library of stock footage to share with members, maybe make it a Premiere Member feature? (creating incentive to join) Wides of establishing shots, oceans, forests, roads, cityscapes, etc. Just a thought...

Very nice, CamVader! I loved the 2nd shot especially, where you have diners at the table screen left and screen right you can see all the way down the street. That's a dynamite shot.

Very nice, CamVader! I loved the 2nd shot especially, where you have diners at the table screen left and screen right you can see all the way down the street. That's a dynamite shot.

Thanks, UC. My original idea was a combat scene in the woods next to my house, but I blew a 750 watt lamp within 10 minutes and the make-do set up just didn't work. To be honest, the original idea may not have worked either.

Wheatgrinder gave me an idea for the future with his ode to Columbo - PARODIES.

Here's one I did for Star Wars Celebration V last summer for a friend who loves George Lucas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4O4NK4YOtI

Yes camvader (I don't care what your real name is!) you are the closest to the winner so you get to pick the challenge AREA for April, wow, what a prize!

Make your choice and I will start the April Challenge thread in the lobby.

Your choices are:

• Acting\Directing *we done did that one!
  • Cinematography *we done did that one to!
  • Production Audio
  • Pre-Production Planning
  • Visual Effects
  • Editing
  • Writing
  • DIY

Once you pick the Challenge Area we can start suggesting actual challenges and vote on them..

It doesn't seem right.

To cut to the chase, how about if we just go down the line with...drum roll, please...production audio.

Back