movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

lol, yes....

I was extra disappointed, because I'm a big fan of Pedro Pascal. Narcos was just an amazing show, and I've been a fan ever since. He was good in GOT, but Narcos was his strongest work so far.

I agree with you on the visual aspect and Cumberbatch as a actor. The problem I have with the marvel universe is that in time I have started to love these movies. Phase 1 are all decent, Phase 2 have some good story telling like The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy. Phase 3 has a weak Ant-Man and the Wasp and a terible Captain Marvel but most of them are good and watchable. Phase 4 has Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Eternals, Spider-Man: No Way Home, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.....Shang-Chi and Spider-Man: No Way Home where ok. But the rest? It feels that the start to care less about quality and more about quantity. But perhaps that's an illusion because marvel always had some stronger and weaker movies. Perhaps the problem is that I cant keep up with the speed of Disney Pumping out new content.
I think a lot of people feel that way about it. Disney has a money machine on their hands, and they are just testing the limits of how far they can exploit their good fortune.

I can't hold it against them, since I'd be doing the same thing in their position. For example, some of the Star Wars shows aren't anything special, but everyone has been waiting for so long for some live action SW shows (literally decades) that you can't really fault them for rolling out a few too many now that they've got the green light.

How is the film about the squatter building coming along?

Moonfall with halle berry

Oh god the writing was so bad.
This is a real scene...

Man tries to figure something out, can't.
Cat pees on papers
Man throws papers away, see's solution, calls cat a genius

That's the quality of writing you can expect from this movie lol it's enough to make you question if they are in on the joke.
The concept is completely laughable and lacks any scientific credibility, but you just show up for stupid the diaster scenes lol.

I only watched the first 2 hours, once it was clear all the disaster scenes were over i stopped watching

Last edited:
Moonfall with halle berry

Oh god the writing was so bad.
This is a real scene...

Man tries to figure something out, can't.
Cat pees on papers
Man throws papers away, see's solution, calls cat a genius

That's the quality of writing you can expect from this movie lol it's enough to make you question if they are in on the joke.
The concept is completely laughable and lacks any scientific credibility, but you just show up for stupid the diaster scenes lol.

I only watched the first 2 hours, once it was clear all the disaster scenes were over i stopped watching
Remember Independence Day? Studios do, it was their arrested development moment, where everything was working perfectly, and they are going to keep giving Roland Emmerich 250 million dollars a year until it's 1992 again. This talentless hack makes Micheal Bay look thoughtful and introspective at times, and has made so many bad movies with astronomical budgets in a row, you start to wonder if there's just a free money dispenser inside the walled off neighborhoods of Burbank.

Do you remember Day after Tomorrow? A guy narrowly escaped global warming on a sport bike, racing through the streets of NYC, being followed by climate change. I think climate change is real, and even I think that's stupid.

Or we could discuss the 1000 episodes of Stargate he produced. It takes a special kind of person to watch the original Stargate, and immediately draw the conclusion that there needs to be hundreds of additional hours of this. Name a memorable character from Stargate. Anyone?

He's making another Stargate movie next year, so I suppose I'll endure that as well.

I did finish moonfall, which of course was a childishly dumb script with 11x the budget of "The King's Speech". While it was a letdown as a work of fiction, I did appreciate the scene where a tsunami attacked a space shuttle mid launch.

Name a memorable character from Stargate.
Tilk , or, I guess T'ilk, or . . . Christ I have to look it up, lol: Teal'c.

Anyway, I remember him. He was kind of cool. Also, I remember Jack's cool sunglasses.

i've also thought James Spader, from the original movie, was kind of cool, although I guess only in retrospect, that is, after Boston Legal. Although he may have foreseen the Stargate appeal. This, from the cast list on Wikipedia:

"James Spader was intrigued by the script because he found it "awful", but after meeting director Roland Emmerich got excited about it for he "realized that making this picture was going to be such an adventure that out of that would come an adventure on screen"

uhhhh . . . Ok.

Last edited:

Anyway, I remember him. He was kind of cool. Also, I remember Jack's cool sunglasses.
Gotta hand it to Teal'c, he was a lot more likable than Greyworm when it comes to the stoic, strong silent warrior.

ok, but the actor that played him in Stargate SG-1 defied reason in his forgettability. I guess that goes for the entire cast. Did you know they kept landing on alien worlds for 10 years in a row, and every alien planet looked exactly like the woods that were directly behind the production studio. Could they not even hire a basic colorist or sky replacement guy?

James Spader is memorable, but no more so than he was in any other film, so I'm not sure that counts.

ty. Did you know they kept landing on alien worlds for 10 years in a row, and every alien planet looked exactly like the woods that were directly behind the production studio.
yup, lol. Also usually societies of pre-industrial hicks, or, even if more advanced technologically, still unable to master a contraction--they can not say can't, will not say won't, etc. :)

yup, lol. Also usually societies of pre-industrial hicks, or, even if more advanced technologically, still unable to master a contraction--they can not say can't, will not say won't, etc. :)
I honestly feel like it was one of the laziest sci fi shows ever made. Here's how bad it was. One time, they hired a CGI animator, to make that single model of the little crawler robot and copy paste it a hundred times, and that was the high point of the entire series. That's a single 3d model, and it's the standout asset from a decade of production. They knew it too, because they made that one a 2 part episode.

The exception to the contraction rule, which runs through Star Trek as well, is, I guess, in naming people. Teal'c, lol. Or T'pol, or Et'c.

Yea, I remember the evil little robots--I called them the metal munching mice. Also the super smart and powerful little alien, I forget his name, who was a little rubber puppet about as sophisticated as Kermit the frog.

"Delicious" (2021). A wonderful little movie about the chef who introduced the French fry to the world. Okay, MAYBE it's a little deeper than that. it's about a pre-French revolution chef fired by his noble master, who, with the help of a mysterious young woman, opens the first French "restaurant". Not quite as historically accurate as you'd hope, it's still a sweet little story. In French (with English subtilties), it's a wonderful way to get lost for an hour and 50 minutes. On Amazon Prime, now. 8/10.

I think it was an exercise in extreme creativity, just not a very good one. They tried so hard to be different than anything else, and succeeded at that, but I felt like they sacrificed a lot of aspects that normally make a film enjoyable to achieve it. If you compare it to something like the Novels of Douglas Adams, you can see where it's possible to make a surrealistic plotline coherent, but this movie really didn't. The reveal about the bagel was nonsensical and pointless, and I left the film feeling like they kind of threw in elements at random with the only goal being to constantly subvert expectations. The characters themselves were unique, but not particularly interesting.

I'd watch any of Terry Gilliam's films over this one, since they are able to maintain a coherent train of thought regardless of how surrealistic they sometimes become.

Last film I watched?
NOPE
and that's what I have to say about it; nope.

2 out of 10 only because they managed to keep the camera in focus.
The worst piece of shit I've seen in a very long time. It was so terrible, I really could not watch it. Mind numbingly bad. Nothing about it deserves even the slightest complement or polite nod. Nothing. A complete waste of time. I was embarrassed that Keith David sullied his career by being in this turd.

Last edited:
I agree Nope was a terrible film that didn't make any sense, and I expect.....

Hold on, a helicopter just landed on my front lawn and a group of angry looking people from Columbia university are walking up to my door. Why is one of them holding a baseball bat?

It turns out that I misspoke. I've been really dehydrated, and said some terrible things that were unconscionable. Jordan Peele is the greatest director of our time, and a brave and stunning creative intellect that surpasses history's greatest thinkers. In casting any doubt on his ability, I have participated in a patriarchal system designed by white oppressors to marginalize the vastly more talented people that are now revolutionizing the scope and potential of cinema. I sincerely regret my comments, and hope that with the forgiveness of the hollywood elite, I can some day redeem myself and rise once again to the station of personage.

Back