movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Three hour meandering snooze fest about deadbeat parents.
Whats up with these movies where the parent is on the deathbed and its like the children are total strangers? they dont know anything about their parents lives and theyre hearing all the most important stuff for the first time lol. stupid.

and of course benjamin being just as much of a deadbeat dad as his own dad was .. like wtf. these people are so unlikable.
I dont want to spend 10 minutes with any of them. much less 3 hours.

Starship troopers

still a classic. Definitely suffers from low budget set design but that was very acceptable for the genre when it came out. Bugs still look good too. Some of the acting is dated

rewatched The Room 2/5
rewatched The Disaster Artist 4/5

this dude just sat down a wrote a whole feature length movie script with no experience
something i still haven't done in 5+ years

and you know i bet it would have turned out an okay film if someone else directed it and someone else starred in it.
good for tommy.

he keeps talking about tennessee williams. never heard of it.
this nutball STILL defending his decision to shoot with two cameras in both film and hd at the same time lmao.

maybe it all comes easier if you know you script will be made into a movie. When I write a script I don’t know if it will even be read by more than two people. Nobody looking forward to what I write next. Not sure at what point that would ever start happening.

i bet the brothers had a ton of fun making disaster artist

Last edited:
Name the latest film you watched, or re-watched and give it a rating. A 1-10 scale seems about right. Feel free to use letter grades if you must.

Share your thoughts!
I just watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Rate it 9.99/10
I also watched Gone With the Wind (Yup I sat through 4 hours straight of a 1940's movie), but it was really great. Rate it an 8.5/10

Impractical jokers the movie

it was more like a collection of punishments than challenges. I think with a good editor it would only be a 50 minute film tho. They needed more challenges in it.... nothing can replicate the magic that this show has in season one when everything was shiny new

3/5

Last edited:
Filthy Rich

Damnnnnnnn this dude was trafficking little girls for people into rooms with hidden video cameras and then blackmailing everyone
and now epsteins madam was finally arrested this week and she is going to name some names of prominent people.....

Last edited:
Gretel & Hansel - 6/10 Nice take on the original tale and beautifully filmed but a lot of unanswered questions and overall vague. Some unnecessary scenes that added nothing to the story.

Remember that old highlander movie?
Well what if instead of PvP.. the immortals were PvE?

And thus The Old Guard with charlize theron was created on netflix.
It was alright. i give it 3/5

Just watched the Altman documentary, ALTMAN on Prime. Made me realize how many Altman films (mostly those in the 90s and early 2000s), that I haven't seen. And how many from the 70s I have to re-watch (such as McCabe & Mrs Miller).

Anyone have any Altman favorites, and why?

"The Blind Side"

4 stars because it's a wonderful "feel good" movie.
But to be fair, if Sandra Bullock did a snow tire commercial for Canadian Tire, I'd give it 4 stars.

The lastest film i re-watched was Joker. I rate it a 9
I re-watched the joker a few months ago by watching TAXI DRIVER and KING OF COMEDY. If you haven't already I'd watch these two amazing (yet tough to watch) films and see the influence they've had on the JOKER.

Z

yes just the letter z

The first film to be nominated for best film and best foreign language film. This was the best political drama I have ever seen. And damn what an ending. Sometimes you see writing that rings true to reality instead of writing that manifests the authors idealistic views. kinda scary film
Still have yet to see this Costa Gavras classic. I've of course only heard great things about it. I'll try to watch it tomorrow. The only film of his that I've seen is one of my all-time favorites, MISSING. I'd like to see SLEEPING CAR MURDERS too. Have you seen that?

Still have yet to see this Costa Gavras classic. I've of course only heard great things about it. I'll try to watch it tomorrow. The only film of his that I've seen is one of my all-time favorites, MISSING. I'd like to see SLEEPING CAR MURDERS too. Have you seen that?

haven't seen either of those! may have to check out missing

Back