movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

Compliance - 7.5/10 - Very interesting story, acting, ep. manager, was very good. Overall a good film, just wish it didn't take me this long to see it.

Crow's Nest - 4/10 - Just another rip-off of BWP and other found footage films. Story had a lot of WTF moments (like most "horror" films) though never really felt scared. Dialouge was pretty awful in some parts.

This is the End - 9/10 - absolutely hilarious film - love these kind of films. Oscar nom? Never, but the film is what it is and it was awesome

World War Z (9/10)

This movie, although I'm unsure of how close it is to the book, is fantastic. All of the characters developed, big and small, to make them more likable, and provide more of a connection. It was an emotional rollercoaster of a film, and it wasn't just because of the characters, or the plot. The audio was flawless, and kept you on the edge of your seat. From a truck driving across the screen, to a thumping heartbeat, and even to rain falling on a jet, it was soothing to the ear.

One issue though. I saw a camera's reflection on a window. Won't say where to avoid spoilers, but it was hard to find. :)

THE BLING RING - Decent, solid if unspectacular but some good performances. Similar in tone to Springbreakers... Two films that have tried to capture a glance at 'modern youth' without presenting judgement. A decent 7/10

OCEANS 13 - Watched on TV and it was Highly enjoyable if a little daft. 7.5/10

THE SEIGE - Watched on TV and it was absolute garbage, felt like I was channel hopping between a few different films. Annette Benning looked hot though!! 3/10

Mama - 6/10
Very disappointed.
I've seen better and worse ghost stories.
This one's full of illogical stupid things, I was kinda p!ssed off at the number of stupid story decisions the writer/director/producers threw in there I knew the "tear jerker" ending wasn't working for me.
Maybe if I wasn't so fowl I would have been moved by it.
Dumb@sses.

This is the second Guillermo del Toro EPed film I've been disappointed with, the other being 'The Orphanage'
Nope, make that three, 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark'

Last edited:
Killing Them Softly - 7.5/10
Beautiful. Gorgeous film.
This and 'Kill List' are my two recent faves for looking at.
Nice enough story. Interesting approach to an organized crime story from an economic aspect, also brings a very specific human detail far from the traditional hard core bad@ss criminals.
I'd watch it again for cinematography, but not for story. Story's a fine one-off.
Nice seeing Scoot McNairy playing a distinctly different character than in 'Monsters.'

I Heart Huckabees - Had some great elements but the overall flavour felt a bit off for me. The pace seemed to drag and there was just too many scenes with people just shouting at each other. strange as his other films are so very watchable!!! 6/10

Back