movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

Clearly a 10/10 for Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

51fglp3SdZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The man from nowhere- 8.5/10

Story was basic and the dialogue didn't transfer well, but film really shined with cinematography, light, music and especially the acting. Bin Won did a great job of potraying his character and setting the entire mood for the film. I'm usually not too bothered from violence at all, but this movie really grabs into your gut with the realities of organ trafficking. It has some disturbing moments that involve children that hit me pretty hard.

Cinematography and lighting followed the film mood very well and the score really made the fight scenes exciting. The scenes were not martial arts heavy at all and focused more on traditional run and gun with some knife fighting thrown in. It reminded me a lot of an older R-rated Luc Besson flick or something along the lines of man on fire.

My Week With Marilyn : Really lovely film. Highly recommended. :cool:

The Darkest Hour : Whoever greenlit this shit should be publicly flogged.

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows : Couldn't stand the first one. Same with this.

Tintin : Expected something mediocre. Was wowed! Liked it so much, I went back to see the 3D screening of it. :blush:

Last edited:
Ten Inch Hero — 9.5/10

Fantastic film, one I'd never heard of until a few days ago when I found out it was written by someone on another screenwriting site I frequent, and decided to check it out (it's streaming on Netflix). It is really fantastic. One of the better films I've seen recently.

Just finished watching `Children of men`. Wonder how I have missed that one in the past. Great film and I even liked Clive Owen it in. Hated him in King Arthur though, actually didn't like that movie full stop, except for the music

In the theater: Hugo- 9/10: 3D distracts me, but the story is really beautiful. It's like a distillation of Scorsese's 4 hour documentary about how much movies mean to him.

At home: OSS 117: Cairo, A Nest of Spies- 7/10: It's goofy and it's been done before, but not this well. Jean Dujardin is so goddamn lovable and makes this movie as fun as it is.

Back