movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

project-x-poster-269x407.jpg

Honestly one of the most entertaining, riveting and all-together immersive experiences I've ever had in a theater.

To appreciate the sheer brilliance of the film is to judge it for what it is: senseless, vulgar fun. But even for mind-lacking stupidity, the movie is surprisingly a profound commentary on this generation. Honestly, I felt like I was part of the party by the excellent editing, haunting camerawork and relentlessness. Incredible, booming soundtrack, over hilarious situations and conversations, accompanied by surprisingly realistic performances.

I must add that the craziness reaches a point of genius: Just when you think the apeshit events couldn't get any wilder, they do.

One of my few problems with the film is the abrupt ending of the party. We cut about three hours later, when a gradual transition would have been much less jarring. However, my principal concern is how dangerous this film was with the corny, misleading final 8 minutes. The main character's father, instead of being angry at his son for the millions of dollars in damage, commends him for not being a loser, and his school chants his name as a king. No consequences. In fact, after all the madness, one of the protagonists plans a SECOND party. Don't think it is a good idea to glorify outrageous, destructive house parties, especially in this generation.

To the whole effort put into this crazy, outrageously entertaining pop phenomenon, I applaud the cast and crew. Fantastic time at the movies.

FIRST 80 MINUTES: 9/10
ENDING: 5/10

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 5/10

I think this is the chick flick version of a BAD movie that Transformers: Dark of the Moon was.
63 & 67% (respectively) of the paying audience thought they sucked.
Both films sold sh!tloads of tickets just the same.
People.
(How many times have I gotta say it, folks: PREMISE. Not execution!)

The whole concept of "I'm too strong to f#ck you like REAL vampire because your human flesh is just too weak" distracted me into wondering... What if on her wedding consumation night the virginal Bella discovers that actually she's a BDSM freakasauraus?
Bite her.
Squeeze her.
Snap her bony little wrists.
Shatter her pelvis like an eggshell as Big Ed gives it all he's got "vampire style".
Superfreak can't get enough.

"Gimme all the sparkly cold bone you can, dead boy!"
twilightdildoca.jpg

Fortunately, I then got distracted wondering if the Bella-baby monstrosity was going to pop out looking like one of the little lavender flying baby vampires from Van Helsing.

Maybe I need to take some AADD meds.
Maybe this movie sucked.

What's Bella's redeeming quality, again?
I forgot.

Last edited:
Tin Tin

Loved it. Over the top but tasteful. Loved Andy Circus.

And I'm partial because one of my best friends had a small part in it.

The Lives of Others (2006, German).

Eng subtitles. Did not at all take away from the story. Just... amazing. One of the better films i've seen in the last few years.

Young Adult- 4/10

Very Disappointed. Love Diablo Cody, but her witty dialogue was few and far between. The main character was highly unlikeable, with little to no arc by the end. The remotely funny parts were all in the previews. Charlize Theron was the lone bright spot. Don't know how rotten tomatoes gave this an 81 percent rating. Big thumbs down.

Young Adult- 4/10

Very Disappointed. Love Diablo Cody, but her witty dialogue was few and far between. The main character was highly unlikeable, with little to no arc by the end. The remotely funny parts were all in the previews. Charlize Theron was the lone bright spot. Don't know how rotten tomatoes gave this an 81 percent rating. Big thumbs down.

I loved the party scene, and the ending was a plus. Getting up to it was excruciating. Karen left the room after a half hour. You have to smile or laugh for a movie to be a comedy. There was very little in this flick.

See the Sea - 7.5/10 - was pretty much shocked at the end

Apart _ 8/10 - well written film, had some issues here and there but overall great film. Hope others get to see it as well

The whole concept of "I'm too strong to f#ck you like REAL vampire because your human flesh is just too weak" distracted me into wondering... What if on her wedding consumation night the virginal Bella discovers that actually she's a BDSM freakasauraus?
Bite her.
Squeeze her.
Snap her bony little wrists.
Shatter her pelvis like an eggshell as Big Ed gives it all he's got "vampire style".
Superfreak can't get enough.

"Gimme all the sparkly cold bone you can, dead boy!"

;) Like...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfH2ju7l8NY&feature=related

In Time. Going against the flow here a bit...yeah, despite the holes and the things that don't really seem to follow or that strain credulity, I thought it was fairly entertaining. Timberlake and Seyfried have pretty good chemistry. Really, towards the end of the film, is it too sacrilegious to say that they sort of made me feel like I was watching an updated version of a classic romp with Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn? Murphy and the other players are also good. Not saying it's a great film. Just that it wasn't so bad, not at all, certainly not as bad as the buzz has given the impression that it is.

Weekend. Pretty good. A little bit dour(?) or melancholy or something. Still, at least no ones dies, which seems atypical in the genre, oy, and so that's usually refreshing.

Harry Brown. Pretty good. A few plot points in common with The Brave One, which is a good thing, works. Solid. But you can't lose with Michael Caine.

The Mill and the Cross. Very cool premise. Not exactly your conventional narrative, but interesting. Visually pretty nice.

Conan O'brien Can't Stop. Pretty fun. If you're a Conan fan, you should see it. It's pretty cool that he's also such a musician.

I think I saw those all on Netflix.

Last edited:
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford -- 9/10

Very little action which is probably why it didn't make hardly any money. However, nearly everything about this movie is well-thought-out and calculated. The only issue I had with it were some weird and off-putting editing decisions at the end.

This is a 2 and a half hour movie, and yes it's slow, but it isn't boring. Much of the movie is very tense and at times surprising. Highly, highly recommended.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford -- 9/10

Very little action which is probably why it didn't make hardly any money. However, nearly everything about this movie is well-thought-out and calculated. The only issue I had with it were some weird and off-putting editing decisions at the end.

This is a 2 and a half hour movie, and yes it's slow, but it isn't boring. Much of the movie is very tense and at times surprising. Highly, highly recommended.

I couldn't even sit through the whole thing.

I love the differences of opinion on this thread. What some people rate a 10, others rate a 2, and vice versa. Goes to show there's a lot of room in the world of film for virtually every taste imaginable.

@Pete the reason why Jesse James is awesome is the movie title gives away the story and who kills him, so you're waiting the whole time for when he does it.

I love the differences of opinion on this thread. What some people rate a 10, others rate a 2, and vice versa. Goes to show there's a lot of room in the world of film for virtually every taste imaginable.

+1000 to this. And, as I'm overly fond of saying, taste and quality are different things! We can like bad movies and dislike good ones! It's okay!

It hasn't been said for a week or so, but Indietalk really is one of the nicest places to discuss things on the internet! Much love!

I watched over a dozen movies this last weekend... my last 5: 21 Jumpstreet-7/10; Paranormal Activity 3-7/10; Don't Be Afraid of the dark- 6/10; Haunting in Amityville-8/10; Grave Encounters-9.5/10

I like to think that I grade pretty strictly so a 6 is a pretty good movie. SCALE (for this list only): 6-good scenes but boring story during slow action moments; 7-good movie, just not as good as I was expecting going in; 8- Surprisingly left a lasting impression, very good haunting film (lot of action early on, good ending); 9.5- great film, very intense and extremely gripping.

If you have Netflix Instant I HIGHLY recommend that you check out grave encounters. It's a really good haunting film despite having a (somewhat) lame-sounding title.

Last edited:
@Pete the reason why Jesse James is awesome is the movie title gives away the story and who kills him, so you're waiting the whole time for when he does it.

True, but one would generally expect a climactic event like that to happen at the end. Through pretty much this whole movie I was physically stressed out trying to read the characters' conflicting emotions/intentions. It didn't help that Jesse was basically a sociopath :)

hehehe yeah.

Last movie I watched:

Back to the Future 2. I had never seen it, figured nows a good a time as any,

Started out hating it (cheesy make-up and performances of futuristic characters) and then it went back in time to the 50s and had a very good recreation of the original movie.

7/10!

I got another one: Defendor - 8/10

This is a low-ish budget indie film, set in a fictional city with a delusional man posing as a superhero. Woody Harrelson (along with pretty much everyone else) is great in his role. The movie is best described as dark comedy, but at times it is genuinely sad.

Surprisingly good all-around, and best of all, it's free on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/movie?v=wsxF0Evyqn4

Back