What's everyone working on?

Just wondering if anyone wants to send me any links to their projects. Interested in some of your work. see what you guys are doing

in the last three months i released a music video, a "found footage" thriller and a short film. currently casting for a crime-thriller short (~3 mins) and developing a psych-thriller.

also working on two corporate videos for my place of work (meh) and shooting episodes of a local TV show "Real Estate Realities". We just got to use the MOVI at the most expensive house in town...rich people are absolutely detached from reality. Who needs a bathroom in EVERY room of your house? Who needs a 14' tall headboard for the master bed? Who needs one of those rolling marble ball fountains? I could go on and on.

Last edited:
http://t.co/gmEwcdvHaY - Subscribe and ask Pastor James :bag:

In my spare time, I've been making short Q&A videos for my father - a conservative pastor. It includes questions from his classes, as well as questions he gets from his Facebook page. Probably not for everyone, but oh well. :)

In other news, putting a script through some much needed tightening before pulling together some funding for it. This will be the first film of my own that I've shot in a few years; too much time working on other people's films, making my mistakes there. :v

Good times.

Working on a very special comedy video to put out by or on Valentine's Day.

Also, been rendering a hilarious 3D animated video for the past week, and working on the animation for it for the past three weeks.

I released a 3 minute crime thriller like 7-8 months ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo5Yl9kyn8k

Last week I changed the title to include 'dexter' to see if that got me any extra hits on the video. It did not.

Filmed most of the second episode now.
This past week I finished writing the third script.

I've written a parody sequel to interview with a vampire but I've been too nervous/busy to call my christian slater look alike.

All free youtube stuff.
I am currently rewriting my masterpiece, a superhero action comedy into a superhero action romcom. It is going to win me awards and then I'll move on to features.

I keep writing new stories.
it's just writting, unlike shooting.

And script it later into scene by scenes.
and edit it in mind, to determine the length of the movie.
furnish it if further necessary.

@sfoster

ooooh, love that opening jib down! a DIY rig perchance?? also, really enjoyed the fast dolly/pan @1:22 (done from the road in a car? very neat and smooth)

sound/color grade needs work. and for a crime boss, i didn't love the location, the front door just oozes boring suburbanite grandma's house, but i get it, low budget compromises...

soundtrack a bit overdramatic as well. acting was passable, but certainly not exceptional.

paced fast enough though so that any miscues went by in a flash and i was still in the story, post the next ep! nice work

What am I working on?
I sometimes wonder as well ;)

Just kidding: there is just too much I want to work on, but at the moment I'm preparing a new video for one of my clients. Recently I made this for them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcL72CPKGT0

The new video will be for one of their other products.
At the same time I working an Dutch, French and German version of the already made video.

Besides that: my gf is starting her own yogaschool, so I try to make time to build a website, make some videos and create flyers.

On top of all that there are a lot of things I want to work on: an adventurous children's book, some script ideas, BTS stuff for the IT community project, and many more, but they are all waiting to be picked up.

oh fun thread...

Currently in this field... I'm working with a lot of my classmates on their projects... So yea, that's a lot of time.

However my first time directing a serious short is finally happening! Ultraviolence is one of my pet projects that I value could end my career right as it starts. It involves high amounts of controversy about rape... as well as tributes the late Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange. Overall though I'm very excited to be shooting this in very high quality with the 4k Blackmagic Cinema and tons of high quality equipment and lighting. I may even upload it in 4k just because I can.

Other than that I have a fun script about a potato that I'm writing (and hopefully will be able to find someone to rewrite it much better than I can) to be a bit more lighthearted follow up piece.

Outside of this field I have a kickstarter coming up for my card game Solar as well as multiple projects going through the art process currently. One of which is yet another topic of controversy with high amounts of radical religious satire and racism.

So yea... I'm testing waters.

@sfoster

ooooh, love that opening jib down! a DIY rig perchance?? also, really enjoyed the fast dolly/pan @1:22 (done from the road in a car? very neat and smooth)

sound/color grade needs work. and for a crime boss, i didn't love the location, the front door just oozes boring suburbanite grandma's house, but i get it, low budget compromises...

soundtrack a bit overdramatic as well. acting was passable, but certainly not exceptional.

paced fast enough though so that any miscues went by in a flash and i was still in the story, post the next ep! nice work

Thanks! Rig was borrowed from a friend and yes that pan shot was done from the road by car. Good call!

I am talking with a composer now so the sound and soundtrack should be better in the future.

Unfortunately color grade probably won't get much better. my computer is a POS macbook so it can't run resolve. I don't have access to proper grading tools.

I'm editing the latest of my survival show, Surviving the Wild, and prepping to shoot my fourth feature this summer, Leap: Revelation
youtube.com/starspictures
facebook.com/leap3movie

Back