• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

What'cha think?

First off I'm new so, if this is the wrong place to post this thread, please tell me. I am posting this to see what everyone thinks of my films(which I don't have very many, I've only been a filmaker about a year.) And my website/ layout/ advertising. If anyone has ideas for anything that may be improved please do tell. Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/productionswasabi

http://vimeo.com/user14268938/videos

i saved wasting everyones time by leading them directly to all 11 videos rather than having to troll through everything on facebook..

*IMPORTANT*
having trolled through the mess of this users facebook page, i discover he is one of those christians that louie theroux would interview, he posted: "WASABI PRODUCTIONS does not stand for the views of gays." "Just a reminder, all things posted on Wasabi Productions is made by me." <- nice one

Last edited:
Hello thank you for taking the time to post the link, but There are some videos that are not included on Vimeo. And also my Website and sister company can only be found through Facebook due to being new companies. As for your second post, I can only assume that you are bashing Christians (considering that Louis is from what I can tell an atheist) I would still look at your website and like your films if you are an atheist. As for my view of gays, that is my decision. You do not have to think the way I do, or agree with me.

Hello thank you for taking the time to post the link, but There are some videos that are not included on Vimeo. And also my Website and sister company can only be found through Facebook due to being new companies. As for your second post, I can only assume that you are bashing Christians (considering that Louis is from what I can tell an atheist) I would still look at your website and like your films if you are an atheist. As for my view of gays, that is my decision. You do not have to think the way I do, or agree with me.

Just to get this out of the way:

At the risk of sounding trite, life is a mystery. I'm not totally atheistic, but organised religion has no role in my life. - Louis Theroux

I really don't want to get in an argument about this, but why the "Wasabi Productions does not stand for the views of gays"? You can have your own opinions, but why post them on a film page? And what was the point of posting that? What are you trying to accomplish? Religion and politics should stay out of film promotion in my opinion. It could upset and offend, as well as bother people, and you could lose viewers and fans.

Are you trying to make films that will appeal to all sorts of people or only Christians?

Well chimpman I want all people to enjoy my work. But I am hoping to make both christian and non-christian films. I want to keep it's christian roots. It's not about, forcing people to be christians, I am simply stating what I want this company to be, a christian company. For instance Hobby Lobby Is a christian company. It does not force anything on them, It simply states what it is about. Anybody can enter Hobby Lobby, anybody can buy what they want. If this makes any sense. And also I am hoping to branch out as I get older and dip my feet into careers other than Film. I cannot help but make my company reflect my views.

I applaud you, Noah. You will find this group here a tough
audience - especially for Christian views. Christian based
films is an ever growing market. You will get no flack if you
are making films for a horror audience; but for a Christian
audience you will receive some push-back. And some down
right mean comments meant to upset you.

My first comment on your movie "Mushroom Apocalypse";
You use a copyrighted logo without permission. Or did you
get the "preview" approved by the MPAA?

The 45 second opening is way too long. Get to it already. I
see hundreds of hort and student films a year - way too
many open with an alarm waking someone up. Cliche. The
first half of this movie is boring; nothing happens untill the
3 minuite mark. After that I enjoyed it. I saw the ending
coming from a mile away - seen that way too many times
to find it interesting.

Well chimpman I want all people to enjoy my work. But I am hoping to make both christian and non-christian films. I want to keep it's christian roots. It's not about, forcing people to be christians, I am simply stating what I want this company to be, a christian company. For instance Hobby Lobby Is a christian company. It does not force anything on them, It simply states what it is about. Anybody can enter Hobby Lobby, anybody can buy what they want. If this makes any sense. And also I am hoping to branch out as I get older and dip my feet into careers other than Film. I cannot help but make my company reflect my views.

you really shouldnt post your views on your film page, would you turn down a gay investor in one of your films?

you took one step into digging your own grave for your film career.

I applaud you, Noah. You will find this group here a tough
audience - especially for Christian views. Christian based
films is an ever growing market. You will get no flack if you
are making films for a horror audience; but for a Christian
audience you will receive some push-back. And some down
right mean comments meant to upset you.

I hope my comment did not come off as upsetting or mean. I'm just curious as to why he added the anti-gay comment. It's obvious that Noah is a Christian (Wasabi Christian Productions), but why post political and religious beliefs on a film page when you are trying to appeal to all people - not just Christians and people against gay marriage? It's not that I have something against Christianity or him making Christian films, but I find it strange that he wants to appeal to Christian and non-Christian audiences, but is making political statements against a group of people... and not in the form of a film.

I'm a Christian, but I'm not going to go loudly proclaiming it all over the web when I make videos. It pushes away potential viewers if you loudly proclaim it.

I'm also going to state that I'm not anti-gay in the slightest. Several of my greatest friends happen to be gay and they don't need anymore people excluding them. They're perfectly wonderful human beings, and deserve God's love too.

ANYWAY - The reason I'm stating that is because, even though you have really strong feelings about your beliefs (and that's fine, it is America!), you should NEVER go around stating them on your company's site. Ever. The statement you have made will drive away even regular Joes, because they'll just find that offending.

Think of the backlash for Chick-Fil-A when they shared their opinions publicly. Think of Barilla Pasta's recent statement. Tell me what they have in common, and why it's a bad idea to state such opinions publicly, and you'll see everyone's point.

Not trying to be mean or harsh myself - I'm just trying to let you know why what you did was a bad idea. :)

I'm a Christian, but I'm not going to go loudly proclaiming it all over the web when I make videos. It pushes away potential viewers if you loudly proclaim it.

I'm also going to state that I'm not anti-gay in the slightest. Several of my greatest friends happen to be gay and they don't need anymore people excluding them. They're perfectly wonderful human beings, and deserve God's love too.

ANYWAY - The reason I'm stating that is because, even though you have really strong feelings about your beliefs (and that's fine, it is America!), you should NEVER go around stating them on your company's site. Ever. The statement you have made will drive away even regular Joes, because they'll just find that offending.

Think of the backlash for Chick-Fil-A when they shared their opinions publicly. Think of Barilla Pasta's recent statement. Tell me what they have in common, and why it's a bad idea to state such opinions publicly, and you'll see everyone's point.

Not trying to be mean or harsh myself - I'm just trying to let you know why what you did was a bad idea. :)

+1

Great post. Thank you for sharing :)

Wrong Turn....

I thank all of you for your comments. I feel that a lot can be learned from sites like this. Thats why I came here.

But things are going down a rabbit trail now. My views on life and my walk is mine. No one else can "do" my walk for me. I feel some of the critics are like the witch hunts of the old days! If I do everything to suit my best interest....where will it stop? It's not all about what's best for me. I am trying to live a life that is under something bigger than me. What many "bashers" will think is religion, is sometimes (not always) not religion at all. But it is a relationship. I don't expect anyone to see what I am saying, but I have a relationship with Jesus (here's where the actual problem comes from, now the hate will come).

ChimpMan, I respect your views. You have treated me well and told me things to help guide me without hurting creativity. I am only 14, and have no training in this field at all. But your comment about leaving things like religion and politics out is truly impossible! If I wanted to attract the largest crowd, then I would do what they want. But that's not the right thing in my eyes to do.

Directorik, thank you for your words of encouragement. I am not into this for fame. I have a story to tell. Just as all of you. Those that care can look at that story, or not. But, leaving out alarms because others use that...? All other films use people, should I leave them out too?
It's hard to take advice when the ones giving it are all about what they want to see instead of how to do these film things! LOL.

The part about my view of relationships and marriage is mine. You all have these views, you think your are right and others are wrong. So you lash out, I am not lashing. I state my view (which is actually not mine but it is Christ, the One I follow) and you can state yours on your website or movie. I will not post bashing on your views.

Hopefully we can get back to what we are all here for..................Lets respect!:yes:

If you're not in it for fame, then of course you have the right to express whatever opinions you want to express. That is a very valid point of yours.

I think we all just assumed you were in it for fame (a lot of us are, just look at me! :P), and so we just thought we'd give you advice on how to better handle the public-relations aspect of your company. That is probably the most important part of any serious filmmaker - that and advertising. :P

Good luck in the future!

I really appreciate the calm response. There are people that do not handle criticism and advice well.

It sounds like you have a story you want people to hear. But if you have a message and story that you want to be heard, you need an audience to hear that message.

Here is another Christian member on IndieTalk:

http://www.indietalk.com/member.php?u=30852

He makes films that promote Christian ideas and religious messages. But he did so without saying something that could be offensive towards a group of people.

He told an interesting and entertaining story about "following God's plan" that is appealing to people both Christians and people that are not Christian. And for that, I respect him.

He's doing a Kickstarter project right now for his first short film:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thedakotabarron/redux-a-short-film-realistic-fiction

Just thought that would be something nice to post.

Of course if someone were to express a secular, liberal belief on
their company’s web page no one here on indietalk would
comment negatively. Or even constructively.

The biggest problem with expressing ones personal political or
religious beliefs is some people are so turned off by beliefs that
are different from their own that they cannot comment on what
was asked - the movies. They feel obligated to comment on those
statements rather than discuss the films.

I am clearly in the minority here; I do not think what he did is a
bad idea. Except that you all have ignored the young filmmaker
here who wants to know what you think of his films to advise him
on expressing his personal beliefs on his website.

Of course if someone were to express a secular, liberal belief on
their company’s web page no one here on indietalk would
comment negatively. Or even constructively.

The biggest problem with expressing ones personal political or
religious beliefs is some people are so turned off by beliefs that
are different from their own that they cannot comment on what
was asked - the movies. They feel obligated to comment on those
statements rather than discuss the films.

I am clearly in the minority here; I do not think what he did is a
bad idea. Except that you all have ignored the young filmmaker
here who wants to know what you think of his films to advise him
on expressing his personal beliefs on his website.

when someone asks your opinion, your entitled to know a bit about them, having known he is a 14 year old boy who makes immature comments on his so called professional film company page, I find that his comments are offensive, why are they offensive, because he is posting it on something he claims to be professional, he thinks hes a big man by posting crap like that, hes of infantile nature and until he grows out of it, he will never get through that one hurdle in life.. respect.

no asked him to state that he agrees with homosexuality, we are merely saying that he should remove posts like that and keep those thoughts for his own facebook profile, to say WASABI PRODUCTIONS does not stand for the views of gays, is promoting hate crime in my opinion..

Thanks for that link ChimpPhobia, I will definitely be backing that project now. :)

You're welcome!

-----------------------------------

I'm split on the subject. Everyone has had good points. I disagree with Wasabi's political statements and some of the things directorik has said about how someone promoting their site/page which has liberal/secular beliefs would not get any criticism vs. someone who promotes their site/page, and has Christian related posts. "No Silence Media" made videos with religious messages, such as "following God's plan", and he did not get as harsh of responses. But I disagree with 8S9's assumptions about Wasabi. I have been aggressive in some posts as well. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Religion and politics are touchy subjects, and all they do is cause arguments when amongst people who do not agree with you. Hopefully this discussion won't get too heated, and I wish to not get involved in any arguments over people's ideas and beliefs.

Peace.

As upsetting as I find your views (especially given how young you are), you're entitled to them. But it seems contradictory to claim "I want all people to enjoy my work. But I am hoping to make both christian and non-christian films" and then make an un-related claim on your personal views on gay rights. I am all for people creating art that strongly represents their views - its quite often the art I enjoy most (even if I disagree with the view expressed). But it's just an odd an irrelevant statement to make. If you make a film about gay people, and want to make your personal opinion clear - sure do that, but keep it in the description/comments/at the end of the video.

no asked him to state that he agrees with homosexuality, we are merely saying that he should remove posts like that and keep those thoughts for his own facebook profile, to say WASABI PRODUCTIONS does not stand for the views of gays, is promoting hate crime in my opinion..
+1

I state my view (which is actually not mine but it is Christ, the One I follow) and you can state yours on your website or movie.
well that's fairly conentious... I know a number of Christians (and otherwise religious people) who disagree that Christ is anti-gay. I don't want to debate it, because I'm sure you get a lot of 'bashing' for it anyway (even though I strongly disagree with your views, you're entitled to have them..) - I just wanted to point out that you're saying something that you believe in as fact. Correct me if this is wrong, but this is what I've been told my religious friends (maybe their own progressive views have twisted how they interpret christ's word).

EDIT: As a side note (i'm genuinely curious, this isn't bashing - I've wanted to know this for a while) - I understand that under many denominations of Christianity, and other religions, it is sinful to be homosexual/take part in homosexual relations. But if a Christian person takes the view "well that's a sin, and I wouldn't do it, but it's their choice and they might go to hell for it" - is that sinful in anyway? I have vague sympathy for christians who might have to marry people (though again, that's hardly saying "I'm gay", it's formalising a legal agreement..), but..?

disagree with Wasabi's political statements and some of the things directorik has said about how someone promoting their site/page which has liberal/secular beliefs would not get any criticism vs. someone who promotes their site/page, and has Christian related posts.
I somewhat agree with directorik, but it would depend how it was done. If someone had just chucked something up on their film page saying "I support gay marriage", they probably wouldn't get abused - though I'm pretty sure people would point out the irrelevance of this. But if they said something similarly aggressive such as "cheeseandachallenge does not stand for the views of rebublicans" I'm pretty sure they'd get abused (I don't know much about American politics, or people's views here - but I think most Americans here would consider themselves democratics?)

Last edited:
we are merely saying that he should remove posts like that and keep those thoughts for his own facebook profile, to say WASABI PRODUCTIONS does not stand for the views of gays, is promoting hate crime in my opinion..
I understand your opinion. It's an opinion that scares me. I don’t understand
the correlation between expressing ones religious views on a company page
and promoting a hate crime. I have always understood the expression of views
as not being a crime of any kind. But I know I am, again, in the minority - to
you and many others, expressing that belief is no different than commiting a
crime. That frightens me.

EDIT: As a side note (i'm genuinely curious, this isn't bashing - I've wanted to know this for a while) - I understand that under many denominations of Christianity, and other religions, it is sinful to be homosexual/take part in homosexual relations. But if a Christian person takes the view "well that's a sin, and I wouldn't do it, but it's their choice and they might go to hell for it" - is that sinful in anyway?
If you seriously want to understand I’ll be glad to offer an opinion. Just not
here in the thread of a 14 year old filmmaker who wants people to comment
on his film.

Which no one has done.

Back