What was filmed near you?

The courthouse in "Mighty Ducks" is in St. Cloud, MN. "Catch me if you can" (the stephen sommers film, not the leonardo dicaprio film) was filmed in and around St. Cloud, MN (which makes sense as he's from St. Cloud). "The St. Cloud Sleep" was a largish community based project in the area as well - tons of fun and the first 10k light I've ever seen - made me so happy even as a little child - so much heat, the rain made steam before it hit the light.

Being in the NYC area is kind of cheating...

But I lived in Rye when they shot scenes for "Big" and "Fatal Attraction" at Playland Amusment Park, and "Revolutionary Road", "The Good Shepherd", "Ransom", "The Ice Storm" and "The Family Stone" were all partially shot here in Greenwich.

Being in the LA area is even more cheating... probably around 30% of all movies ever to come out of the US were filmed "near" me. :D But at the moment, I'm living in Kenya/Sudan, not at home in Cali. So that cuts the list down to "The Constant Gardener," I believe.

Want my list of movies shot near me?
I guess I could start with the ones shooting today....

BTW: I can see Paramount from my house.

'Skins' is filmed in and around Bristol.
And 'Only Fools and Horses' was filmed (some of it anyway) in and around a block of flats about five minutes from my house (:

Awesome link!

"Iron Man," "You, Me, and Dupree," "A Scanner Darkley," "Poltergeist," "Reign Over Me," "Kiss the Girls," "Demolition Man," "Star Trek," "Grapes of Wrath," "Oceans Eleven," "Iron Man 2," "War of the Worlds," "Hidalgo," ""Jerry McGuire," and a bunch of others I don't feel like typing.

Awesome! :D

I believe parts of gran torino was shot here- st.paul, mn. I think also a scene from rocky 1 was shot here as well... oh yah, the chick flick "mean girls" was shot in the high school i went to- arlington senior high

Last edited:
Living in London, as with New York and LA, kind of takes the fun out of this...

Within a stone's throw of me I've got Elizabeth: The Golden Age, Children of Men and An American Werewolf in...London!

I thought I'd zoom in and see names of films. What is the point of that map?

Ah.

Can click now. Thought I couldn't the other day either.

Back