favorite What is your all time favorite movie scene?

Mine would have to be the end of Fight Club when Helena Bonham Carter and Edward Norton hold hands while watching the world around them collapse. The Pixies were perfect for that scene!

The fever/bathtub full of ice scene in Jacob's Ladder.. I haven't seen it in probably over a decade, but just remembering it freaks me the f**k out.

Closing shot of Full Metal Jacket. (Mickey Mouse)

Every single shot in Lawerence of Arabia. Every single frame.

The space scenes in The Fountain.

The guy wandering blindly through no-mans land in A Very Long Engagement.

Any of those directly after I see the movie, I'll swear are the most beautiful images every committed to film.. course it changes when I see the next.

Finale to Come What May (in Moulin Rouge), when Christian is leaving the theater defeated & humiliated. Satine calls out to him...

The lovers are reunited, show turns into a medley of several previous songs, bad guy gets ass kicked, chaos on stage, big dance number, joy is everywhere... and we revel in the moment 'cos we already know this ultimate happiness will only last a few minutes before Satine is stolen away for good. Gets me every time. :(

Freedom, Beauty, Truth & Love. :cool:

The staircase scene from Labyrinth (the one that's like an Escher drawing).

The opening car chase scene from Quantum of Solace is pretty high up for me.

The scene in The Constant Gardner where Tessa asks Justin to take her to Africa with him.

The bowling scene at the end of There Will Be Blood.

The opening of The Trial and Inglorious Basterds.

Mega Zepplein scene in Southland Tales.

The "I will find you, and I will kill you" scene from Taken. Liam Neeson was awesome in that film!

Either that or...

The CIA break in scene in Mission Impossible where Tom Cruise is hanging above the pressure activated floor and the bead of sweat is dripping down his face

The "Stuck in the middle with you" scene in Reservoir Dogs

The scene in Johnny English where they play the wrong DVD and everyone see's him dancing in the bathroom

and finally...

The Crazy 88 fight scene in Kill Bill vol. 1

Last edited:
The scene in Pink Flamingos when Crackers brings a girl home. He takes her to the chicken house where he rips the head off a chicken (it was lunch for the cast later) and shoves it between them as they have sex. It flaps it's wings and bleeds all over the place as Crackers screams "fuck that chicken! Fuck that chicken!"

The scene in Pink Flamingos when Crackers brings a girl home. He takes her to the chicken house where he rips the head off a chicken (it was lunch for the cast later) and shoves it between them as they have sex. It flaps it's wings and bleeds all over the place as Crackers screams "fuck that chicken! Fuck that chicken!"

WHAT THE S**T?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

My personal favourites would be...
The Trial from The Wall
Phone Booth (It's basically just one scene :P)
The Introduction from Machete
The Finale from Black Swan
The whole TV thing, from Requiem For A Dream

And a few more probably

"The Finale from Black Swan"

You know it wasn't until last night when my girlfriend was forcing me to watch Showgirls because she had never seen it that i realized Black Swan is basically a re-boot of Showgirls.

All great scenes and with two exceptions, exactly what I
would expect to read - plenty of Tarantino. The two being
a couple of my personal favs - the opening of "Once Upon
A Time in the West" and the chicken scene in "Pink
Flamingos". Maybe one more - I was surprised by cjnixon's
"Southland Tales" choice. Is that a great underrated film
or what?

If I had to pick just one I would go with the "Singin' in the
Rain" number from the movie of the same name.

Give me five:
The arrival of Mary Poppins in that film.
The attack on Hoth in "The Empire Strikes Back"
The heist in "The Killing" - and the ending.
The "Take Off With Us" scene in "All That Jazz"

"If I had to pick just one I would go with the "Singin' in the Rain" number from the movie of the same name"

Good one Rik, really the height of that kkind of studio musical number. Doesn't get any bettter.

If I had to pick just one I would go with the "Singin' in the
Rain" number from the movie of the same name.

A lot would agree with you on that. I've often heard that, and Omar Sharif's waterhole scene from LOA mentioned as best scene ever.

One of of many things I like about the opening of OUATITW is that
the hero is shot through the gut -- right away they're breaking convention, so you knew that you were in for something different.

It's an old movie already, but I still blocked it out, some movies have no statute of limitations.

The sequence in Ridley Scott's LEGEND where the captured Lily looks over the Dark Lord's feast, then the sparkly jewels he has given her, then the black dress dancer appears behind her, she is seduced into dance, they hold hands and dance together to haunting carnival music. Then in a single passionate turn Lily becomes the dark dancer as it turns out it is her bridal gown to the Dark Lord.

And then there's the scene near the end of FORREST GUMP where he's at the live oak tree, where he and Jenny used to sit together as children watching the sun go down, talking to his buried wife, telling her how wonderful their little boy is.
And that he misses her. :tear:

Last edited:
Back