• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch What is this About?

If you saw the following, and had to guess what the movie will be about. What do you think it’s about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQWVmjMMjH4

Looks like a documentary about chicks moving to New York who want to become actresses.

But if this is supposed to be for a narrative feature, I didn't really get that. This teaser just didn't sell me on the concept. Is that the kind of feedback you were looking for?

Maybe I'm not your target audience.

Flicker: I never thought people would think it's a documentary. It's not. It is a narrative feature. But, I can see now why you'd think that, with the actual audition pieces shown. Visually that's all I have.

Phil UK: You ain't become a fan! Become a FAN.

OK. Maybe add some scans of the screenplay to another promo? This might help clue people in that it's a narrative feature instead of a documentary.

But, IMO, I don't think this clip is serving your project as well. A nicely designed poster would probably suffice.

Just thoughts! Good luck with it.

"One city, one script, only one leading lady. How far would you go...?"

Horror, but needs some improvement to get the message across. For starters the words go by too fast. You need a horror element in there, maybe it could be in the music at the end with the text.

Hmmm well one vote for doc, one for horror, I guess it needs tweaking :)

Ya, I have no clue what the conflict is if it's a drama. It does read documentary, the only clue it's not so, is the women are all reading the same Nancy Nelson line.

See here's where I get confused. If you take the piece line by line.

Athelstan Productions wh...Us Sinners (company and what we've done)

Presents a Drama you will never forget. (it's an intense drama)

One City, One Script, Only One... Leading Lady (all these actresses going for the same role)

Auditions

How far would you go to achieve your dream? (What will they do to get the part?)

It seems straight forward to me.

It seems straight forward to me.
It doesn’t seem straight forward to me.

I got the impression it was a documentary, not from your
explanation here, but just from watching the trailer.

“A drama you will never forget” doesn’t necessarily mean (to me)
that what you are offering is a "Drama". It seemed like part of the
hype promoting a documentary about actors trying out for a part.

Now that you spell it out I can see you meant the genre and not
the noun. But I didn’t get that from watching the trailer.

Apparently not. Go with the initial reactions you got.

But, doesn't the end script "Written and Directed by... Shooting Spring 2011" kill it being a documentary?
No. Many documentaries are written and directed by someone.

i kinda get the felling you are trying to convince us that WE are
wrong in our assessment of the trailer. After reading your explanation
I see what you're going for. But without reading these posts I get
an entirely different take on what the movie is about.

Opening with the skull gives the impression of horror, no matter how many times you say drama.

To be honest, I never even noticed the "written and directed by".

My basic impression was reality TV/doc shoot goes wrong; "how far would you go" implies one of the girls is willing to kill off the others to get the part (see above - horror). If you got rid of the skull in the opening "how far would you go" might give the impression of sleeping your way to the top.

Overall it really told me nothing and did not interest me enough to want to see the film.

No. Many documentaries are written and directed by someone.

i kinda get the felling you are trying to convince us that WE are
wrong in our assessment of the trailer. After reading your explanation
I see what you're going for. But without reading these posts I get
an entirely different take on what the movie is about.

I'm not. Until the first person wrote documentary, and then reality TV, neither crossed my mind. Because I already know what it is. So, I appreciate that. I don't necessarily agree 100% with it. But, I'm not sitting on the other side.

Here's a new version. Does this still say documentary or reality TV?

Also, many teasers don't go into conflict/story or much of anything. It's just a broad open stroke that gives a general idea. With Leading Lady it's chicks fighting for a lead role in a movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTinWhc_KXQ

Back