• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

music Wanna listen to the music I wrote in 3 hours today?

Personally I'd lower the drum and also soften the attack a hair, it's a bit tappy. I'd lower the high strings, and RAISE the low strings... that's the dramatic part and it's buried.

But I like!

Ozone needed, and bitrate is low? composition is ok, production needs work. Levels too high, no headroom. Some of the string sounds are ok, but I can't hear them too well in this mix.

This will help you a lot,

I personally prefer to do mastering without Ozone, using great individual analog modeling plugins except maximizer. I usually go for rock/metal music and I'm not used to mix for these kind of music yet, although I can compose it due to my classical background when I was really young. I guess that's the reason for that. The thing I know is that we must not limit the classical music a lot, so I engaged L316 only to protect the music from reaching to the ceiling, which is -1.0dB when it's on streaming services.
Yes, string session sounds small, that's even after I reduced woodwinds and brasses. I think I have to reduce them more. Great advice. Thanks.
I uploaded WAV file, so there's no reason for low quality of sound. It must be on Soundcloud.

Personally I'd lower the drum and also soften the attack a hair, it's a bit tappy. I'd lower the high strings, and RAISE the low strings... that's the dramatic part and it's buried.

But I like!
I wanted drum rhythm to dominate the overall music, that's why it's loud.
I'd raise the lower strings, and add automation for more excitement and focus next time. Thanks for advice.

Excellent! It sounds really good. Since it's made for film these critiques are a bit meaningless because it might fit perfectly in a scene. That loud drum might be... perfect! :)

Excellent! It sounds really good. Since it's made for film these critiques are a bit meaningless because it might fit perfectly in a scene. That loud drum might be... perfect! :)
Thanks for that! I'm glad that you like my track. Although the comments could be a bit meaningless I'd like to receive and think of them so that I could be better. I'm always opened for critics and grateful to be advised.

Back