directing Unwritten director norms/etiquette?

I'm directing my first short soon, and I'm wondering if it's expected that I give a some kind of 'thank you' speech to the crew of 8 (including me) on either the first or last shots of the film.

Along with that, are there any other unwritten norms that I wouldn't find in a directing book? (I've read most of them) Can include anything from pre to post-production.

Thanks!

I'm directing my first short soon, and I'm wondering if it's expected that I give a some kind of 'thank you' speech to the crew of 8 (including me) on either the first or last shots of the film.

Along with that, are there any other unwritten norms that I wouldn't find in a directing book? (I've read most of them) Can include anything from pre to post-production.

Thanks!

It is not expected to give some kind of 'thank you' speech to the crew. I'm
assuming your crew are all volunteers so it's just respectful to express gratitude.
But I know you know that.

I haven't read any directing books so I don't know what is written and unwritten.
Stay upbeat, encourage your cast and crew to be creative and listen. I would
hope that "listen" is a written norm, but I don't know. Listen to what others want
to add to your short film. Allow them to feel they are part of the creative process.

Thanks!
Pizza or some kind of food for actors and crew. Also, don’t give an actor a line reading

Back