Top 5 sci-fi shows?

Jeez. I wasn't born yet or I was in school at that time.

Only thing I remember from the early 90s are the American Gladiators, The Price is Right, and Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

I loved the Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, Tales from the Darkside, and Star Trek - the one with Data and the Reading Rainbow guy with the super-cool sunglasses.

But, what was the show with the little puppets which was exactly like Star Trek but they were all marrionettes - much like the Team America puppets? That show was great, too.

P.S. THAT MAX HEADROOM GUY LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE LES GROSSMAN!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNzGSglPZ48&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi3ivrZRClg

Last edited:
MAX HEADROOM was an OK show but the dude who played him is an under rated and under used actor.

Matt Frewer. I most recently saw him as the White Knight in a TV miniseries called "Alice" on the SciFi channel, a futuristic science-fiction retelling of Alice in Wonderland that was a million times more interesting than Tim Burton's film. Kathy Bates played the Queen of Hearts, Harry Dean Stanton was the caterpillar, Colm Meany (Deep Space Nine) was the King of Hearts. It was awesome and inspiring. Check it out:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1461312/

Last edited:
Anyone old enough to remember "Max Headroom"?

Nope. :P

#1 -- Star Trek: TNG

That's the only one I care about enough to list.

Oh, boy. For some reason, I thought I had seen every episode. But then, a couple months ago I checked an episode guide on Wikipedia, and I've actually not seen the majority. From those that I've seen, I don't know that I can pick a favorite, but I can at least name a couple. I really like the one in which Data takes on the persona of Sherlock Holmes, in the holodeck. And then there's one in which Worf defends his recently-passed fathers' honor.

Data as Sherlock is classic. There are two of them, and the second one is one of the best episodes of the entire show, IMO.

But what I really love about TNG is that almost every episode was structured like a sherlock holmes style mystery. Really don't think I could name one favorite though. Maybe I could make a list of 10-15. lol

I haven't seen much of the shows mentioned here , but

Dark Angel-still looks fresh this...

Are these sci-fi ? Dunno,like them anyway
X-Files
LOST

I remember Max Headroom, what I remember most is that it wasn't on very long....

Battlestar Galactica (the new one)

The X-Files. It was great until towards the end of the series.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. My dad spoke six languages so I loved the anthropology and mythology angle and the political angle.

I've missed a whole year of Fringe. I gotta catch up with those episodes!

-- spinner :cool:
EDIT: Stargate SG-1! I forgot about that. I liked that one too!

1: Firefly/Farscape (Can't decide which one is better)
2: BSG, Battle Star Galactica Re-imagined
3: Star Trek: The Next Generation, the one with Picard
4: Cowboy Bebop
5: Star Trek Deep Space 9

It's a limited selection for sci-fi fans out there.

Top five worst:

I'll go head and make a worst sci-fi list, this might upset a few

1: Stargate: Universe
2: Lexx
3: Star Trek Voyager
4: Babylon 5
5: Eureka

:)

Top five worst:

Haha! Yeah, how do you have Voyager on there? Oh wait, I see that Deep Space Nine is on your top five. That would explain it. :P I've never seen the others on your list, though, now I know to avoid them. (Stargate the movie was pretty good though)

My Worst 5:

1. Star Trek Enterprise
2. Quantum Leap
3. Star Trek Deep Space Nine
4,5,6... Half of the sci-fi channel produced stuff.

Rented the last disc of Sliders from netflix because it said it had bonus episodes. Those tricksters! It was from two of their crappy 'original' shows :no:

I really liked Enterprise. I saw it as very separate from the rest of the Star Trek series and I thought it worked very well as an origin story.

Perhaps I actually liked it because of Scott Bakula. I loved Quantum Leap - a nutritious part of my childhood diet. It saddens me to see them both on this list.

Top (tentative):

Star Trek (TOS)
Farscape
Stargate Atlantis
Battle Star Galactica (New)
Lexx

Runners Up:
Voyager
Hercules
Quantum Leap
Enterprise
?

Honorable Mentions:
Deep Space Nine
X-Files

Stinkers:
Next Generation.
(Originally, I didn't like the then new Star Trek show because everyone in it was so bitchy, moralizing, stuffy, and, apparently, wore undies a few sizes too tight... or bundled, or... er. Then, after a couple of seasons -of focus group feedback, I'll bet-, they softened things up a bit, and I came to love the series. But, after recently re-watching many of the episodes, I realize anew that the whole damn series was, in fact, full of insufferable, bitchy characters in preachy, politically correct, and monotonous morality plays. Tiresome. I know, I did hear Patrick Stewart more than once describe the morality play thing as one of Next Generation's virtues. I disagree).

Beast Master.

Last edited:
1: Firefly/Farscape (Can't decide which one is better)
2: BSG, Battle Star Galactica Re-imagined
3: Star Trek: The Next Generation, the one with Picard
4: Cowboy Bebop
5: Star Trek Deep Space 9

It's a limited selection for sci-fi fans out there.

Top five worst:

Who are you? Why do you have Jake Sully in your pic? You should know that I am the "Avatar" guy around here.

Ahh, I guess I'm happy to see you.

Oel gnati kameie, ma'tsmukan.

Back