Title for my Movie

Hey! So I am trying to figure out a final title for the project that I'm working on, (about a hippie who wakes up in 2008, and must learn to negotiate the challenges of living in the modern world) and I'm trying to figure out what people respond to.

If anyone has a moment they could spare on a quick survey (via survey monkey), I'd love your feedback!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9RS5LX2

Also, if anyone wants to just comment here, these are some of the potential titles I'm kicking around and again, I love to hear any thoughts (esp. if there are any that y'all think really suck haha :))

Sheila in the World of Tomorrow
Love Pageant Rally
Ubi Nunc
Only Tomorrow
Time Warp Blues
Sheila in the Modern World
Future Daze

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
Can you define “Wakes up”, or wakes up from what?

Is it Trip Van Winkle (drug induced coma) or is there a time machine or any supernatural element in the mix?

Also please, can you tell where she wakes up?

Is it San Fransisco, New York or..?

-Thanks-

Last edited:
I don't clarify in the film how she "wakes up" till the end, i'm sort of going for a surreal/magical realism/mysterious kind of vibe... possibly ending up with a confusing/nonsensical kind of result, but we'll see ;)

She wakes up in Boulder, Colorado a town that's heavy on 60's nostalgia and the Obama campaign, and she gets heavily involved with the latter :)

Ok thanks. I' ll think about it.

Here are a few off the top of my head, but none really grab me:

Peace Time

Peaceful Sleep

The slumber of love

Doze

Sleep Traveler

The rest of the time

Wake up and smell the $8 coffee

-Thanks-

i really like time warp blues. its catchy and accurately describes it as far as i can tell, and would make an old fart like my dad look further into it and watch it. so im not saying it would just be old farts but hes 'picky' about what he watches so people would be more interested initially i think.

I assume you are going for something a bit light hearted (and already have it written I guess), but for the sake of "fun".. and because there is a story demon in my head that never shuts off:

A young woman is cracked on the skull by riot police at the ‘68 democratic convention (in Chicago) and has been walking around (a nut house) for the last 40 years with stock footage flashbacks and sound bites playing in her head, like “The police are not here to create disorder, they’re here to preserve disorder!” until something in a campaign speech jolts her from her reverie.

She escapes the institution and makes for the mountains ( to “Get her head together”) , but along the way she falls in step with a political campaign -where her grass roots ideals win her favor and acceptance.

Just when everyone is saying “Yes we can!” it’s discovered she's an escaped mental patient a bit too close to the soon to be president, and something akin to the secret service says “Oh no you can’t!”.

As political history unfolds in America the woman is ushered into the Squeaky Fromme suite of the Hinkley/Bickle federal detention Hilton, and somehow again a victim of the democracy she has always been so passionate about.

Title: Gone today Here tomorrow

-Thanks-

I've been reading "Sheila In The Modern World" in your signature line for months now and have always thought it was an excellent title. Makes me curious and conveys your logline without giving anything away. Although "Wake Up And Smell The $8.00 Coffee" is just about the funniest thing I've read all week.

What about 'Parallelogram' hehe. Some kind of wordplay implying a theme of parallel stories I think could really be great. Can't think of any right now.... :(

Yeah, 'Sheila in the Modern World' is a good one. 'Gone Today, Here Tomorrow' is pretty sweet, too.

These are Fun... here are some of my ideas for a Title

Sheila goes on a time warp
When I'll be 60
+40 Years and not a day over 25
Future meet Sheila
Yesterday's Hippy Today
Walk In Time [Series]: Sheila the Hippy
Bust a Move to the New Groove
The last colourful person
Woke up 40 years later

etc, let me know if you want more... :)

Back