• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

screenplay Three page Horror Script (pool shark)

sfoster

Staff Member
had an idea today and wanted to run with it. nothing fancy.
Wrote this in about 90 minutes. I hope you enjoy the high quality content 😄

Story premise: A pool is haunted by a shark. If you swim alone prepare to be killed by a shark attack.
This summer - NO POOL WILL FEEL SAFE! It is.... POOL SHARK

7/5 9 AM && 10 AM again updated with Unknown Screenwriter's feedback.
UPDATED to a second draft. One month later it's now six pages.

Old original draft:

Last edited:
Have you been smoking something? That was pretty... surreal!

Side note: how come you can use "wide shot" and I'm not allowed to use POV? Haha.

for the side note i would possibly direct this thing myself. so its okay to write direction in the script.
😄 😄 😄 i was so quick writing this thing lol i wouldnt normally just write wide shot in there like that.

lol thanks for reading. man if i could make somebody nervous to be in a pool alone after watching this...

Can of shark, like a can of tuna... I think you can work in the can opener :lol: all you need now is the dialogue.

When I was in arizona EVERYONE had a pool. I was quite young then. 2nd grade maybe.
but i was always nervous to be in the pool alone by myself. there was an eerie feeling.

I wrote this trying to be a real horror movie lol but its so dumb that i do laugh at it.
I had a script for the challenge, it was about opening up a can of horsefly.

LOL I didn't read it. I figured from the pun it is um funny?

pool shark.jpg

Now I am scratching my head. A pool shark is someone who hustles pool. Ok well carry on lol.

comedy horror...

POOL SHARK... a shark in your pool, he smokes a cigar and takes your money, you can kill him with an 8-ball to the nose, but don't scratch or you lose... your life! Man: "I'm gonna open you like a can of tuna!" Shark: "Why didn't I think of that"? Holds up can opener, lots of blood, horrific scream, the end. :rofl:

For anyone interested we are talking about this:

That's totally a horror comedy! And good comedy scripts don't have jokes in them, they're just funny.

I think you should find someone who has a pool and would let you shoot it - inflatable shark, some fake blood, you're all set.

It's crazy but I like it. Certainly no crazier than Sharknado :)

Back