The Worlds Greatest Extra

It had to be him. Not a speaking role, does every extra role get an IMDB credit?

Not really any plot spoiler, but just in case. In TF3 you see him in the background during...
one of Shia's job interviews. He's out of focus, but there for a while. Walks past the open door behind Shia and stares in.

For some reason this guy popped into my head today and it reminded me of this thread. I first found out about him from listening to the director's commentary on Keeping the Faith, but once you know about him, his cameos are impossible to miss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Man

I'm surprised no one's made a youtube montage of him yet...

Yeah he's actually gotten really well-known. He's also a veritable walking encyclopedia of who's shooting where and when in NYC.

"The Worlds Greatest Extra"?

American Greatest Extra more like.

There's a vast world outside The United States of America, guys.
Kiss

Not in movies there ain't. ;)

:lol:

But you're right, no other cinema is such a monopolist, but that's just the politics of the film industry, nothing to do with quality.

I love a lot of American films, just as much as I love a lot of films coming from China, South Korea, Japan, Russia, Iran, Europe, Latin America, Australia and New Zealand.

Sure but we weren't talking about quality. And I'd still argue that by sheer volume the US puts out more 'quality' work than any other individual country. But of course that's subjective.

:)
Hollywood is in reanimation. (My personal opinion)
Thank God there are some quality Independent films, even though we all know they are not totally independent.

Actually guys...several of those clips you see him in that reel are co star and guest stars on TV. However, yes...he started to get a pretty decent following doing extra work. I think he may still be doing extra work, as well....I do know that he's doing legit work though.

his name is: Jesse Heiman

Here is his imdb http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1035503/

Sure but we weren't talking about quality. And I'd still argue that by sheer volume the US puts out more 'quality' work than any other individual country. But of course that's subjective.

The quality part is the debatable thing here, which you know since you put it in quotes. Someone once said, the USA makes films about events and the EU makes films about humans/characters. This is generally true, though a lot of the opposite happens in each area. I think europeans would consider a lot more 'quality' work was coming from rest of the world than the states, despite the sheer numbers (Bollywood makes 3 times the films the US does every year but theres more quality stuff coming from the states.)

Back