• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

campaign The Unknown Warrior

This is only a fun thing i want to do. I really dont care if people like you guys like it.
I think this comes across. Since you don't care if people like me
like it it's impossible to inspire me to donate. And as I said before,
that's too bad. I have donated to projects and will donate again.
Maybe you should care.
I mean there is going to be a ninja fighting werewolves in hand to hand combat; tearing their limbs of of them. Seriously; who wouldnt want to at least give that a watch. I have a scene where the ninja rips one werewolve’s head off and anothers arm off at the same time with two dog chains.
Its going to be badass to watch.
I'd love to know your story. You have some badass scenes. But you
haven't really told us the story you want to tell.

And i am doing this for FUN. Im sorry if that offends some of you.
No one here is offended. What all of us are saying is you are going to
find it difficult to get people to give you money to have FUN.

We all have made movies to have fun. But we didn't ask strangers for
money. When you do you get more scrutiny. Try not to put that back
on us - every person who has responded here wants you to succeed.
You don't want to have a website, you don't want to offer IMDB credit
and you don't care if people like me even like it. This is entirely for you
to have fun. It might have to be entirely your money.

List your Crew/Cast
Just like this... its only two of us right now. We dont plan on hiring
Why not?

For an actor who isn't getting paid, a credit on IMDb is usually the absolute minimum that they're looking for, in order to build their resume.
like i said; its more for just a fun project for me. Besides; im really not trying to be an actor. Im more of a performer. Id rather be paid for my wildlife photography if anything.

I think this comes across. Since you don't care if people like me
like it it's impossible to inspire me to donate. And as I said before,
that's too bad. I have donated to projects and will donate again.
Maybe you should care.

I'd love to know your story. You have some badass scenes. But you
haven't really told us the story you want to tell.

No one here is offended. What all of us are saying is you are going to
find it difficult to get people to give you money to have FUN.

We all have made movies to have fun. But we didn't ask strangers for
money. When you do you get more scrutiny. Try not to put that back
on us - every person who has responded here wants you to succeed.
You don't want to have a website, you don't want to offer IMDB credit
and you don't care if people like me even like it. This is entirely for you
to have fun. It might have to be entirely your money.
The only reason i started a kickstarter is because of the really dumb ideas ive seen get money on there.

im really not trying to be an actor.

I realize you're not trying to be an actor. But you will be asking people who DO want to be actors to work for free.
So be aware of THEIR needs.

You're asking (a) donors to give you money to make you happy and (b) actors to work for free, also to make you happy.

If you want to have some chance of raising the money, put some effort into giving those people what THEY want and need - especially when it's
something free.

But you will be asking people who DO want to be actors to work for free.
No we wont be. Everyone who will be featured are either musicians or friends who just want to have fun making a badass feature. None of us aspire to be actors or to even really work in the film industry. We are just a bunch of creative people getting together to bring a cool story to life.
Like i have said before. Im not trying to sell anyone on anything. You either like the story and want to support us or you dont. Besides, kickstarter makes it VERY clear that the people giving you money are not to recieve ANYTHING in return. That includes any sort of “credit.” Credit can mean a lot when it comes to a great film made.
What if it gets to be that our film goes on to be viral and we credit donors on IMDB? They could just say to people, “ yea i helped make that happen.” That could open doors for “investors.” Credit is worth more than money in so many ways nowadays.
Kickstarter is not for that. you either like an idea and want to GIVE money away to see it happen with ZERO return or you dont. It is really that simple. They are not investors at all. I think it is kind of foolish when people say that nobody is going to “invest” in this film when im not asking them to in the first place.

What if it gets to be that our film goes on to be viral and we credit donors on IMDB? They could just say to people, “ yea i helped make that happen.” That could open doors for “investors.” Credit is worth more than money in so many ways nowadays.

I suggest you learn a little bit about what "credit" means in a movie-making sense and what IMDb is. That makes ZERO sense.

It is simply considered good form - aka common courtesy - to thank your contributors. At a minimum, that's done in the scrolling credits at the end of the movie. It may also be done in the "thanks" section of IMDb.

And crediting your actors and crew is the absolute minimum that you do.

Last edited:
This is kind of ridiculous to be totally honest. I actually have a wildlife website that i am not turning away from just for pretty much a youtube series.
Like i have stated before; im not trying to make a blockbuster and im certainly not going to have it up on IMDB. This is only a fun thing i want to do. I really dont care if people like you guys like it. Im sure there will be people to enjoy it.
I mean there is going to be a ninja fighting werewolves in hand to hand combat; tearing their limbs of of them. Seriously; who wouldnt want to at least give that a watch. I have a scene where the ninja rips one werewolve’s head off and anothers arm off at the same time with two dog chains.
Its going to be badass to watch.

And i am doing this for FUN. Im sorry if that offends some of you. The main reason i started a kickstarter was because i have seen some STUPID things get 100’s of thousands of dollars for literally no reason.

I get it, I also did my film for fun and learning.

As for feedback on your series synopsis, I think the idea is kinda lame, but like you said, I've seen worse things get funded. I personally enjoy more adult oriented werewolf films like Silver Bullet, or American Werewolf in London. Stuff with a really good core character story in it. I hated the Underworld films and what they did to the lore of vampires and werewolves. (Although, I always had a thing for the lead female actress in leather with vampire eyes.)

It's really hard to hear "NO" or "THIS HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE" or "THIS KINDA SUCKS". You should have never asked for feedback or posted a Kickstarter for it. You should have just asked for money from family and friends for a film like this. Hide it from the internet until it is complete. If you have talented people who can film and edit really well, you might be able to pull it off.

You should have never used Kickstarter in the first place, because they won't pay you a dime unless you reach your goal. Did you know that? That's why I said you won't get anything. You literally wont, if you don't hit that 10k goal you set for yourself.

There are also algorithms in play, if you get a lot of donations the first week, you get posted on the front page of Kickstarter. That helps strangers find your project easier. That isn't going to happen for you either I predict. That sucks too, because you don't have any other way of sharing the project (because you don't have a website).

It all ties together like a fine tooth comb. If you don't have all the teeth in place, things don't go smoothly.

Hopefully you aren't looking at this as bashing you or your film. I'm really just giving you the mindset needed to move forward. If you can pull it off, and make the film happen, I'd love to watch it. If you succeed and do well, come back here and rub it in my face. Haha.

I personally enjoy more adult oriented werewolf films like Silver Bullet, or American Werewolf in London.
Well i dont know what you mean when you say “adult oriented.” Maybe you can enlighten me a little bit.

Let me first enlighten you. I dont know what you read, but my film is not going to be kid friendly the slightest. There is one scene when the ninja meets the first werewolf in almost a century. Without a fight to challenge him for this long, he doesnt allow the werewolf to die fast. He enjoys it too much. Hes going to slice him up with his EDC knife for a couple minutes until the werewolf cant move anymore due to blood loss. There is going to be a lot of blood in that one scene alone. To be honest; you probably wouldnt even have the stomach to watch it. Im a huge spawn comic fan. Our main character is a mix between spawn and batman. Just a ruthless killer with superior combat ability. Oh and about me a little...

I have been studying martial arts for 26 years. Theres going to be an actual martial artist chereographing the fight scenes. I bet your budget wouldnt pay for a guy with my skills to do even one fight scene in a movie.

I dont understand also why you guys assume you are getting under my skin at all. I am just more confused than anything. How many of you are hipsters ?

One more thing... i watched your movie and i thought it was super lame. I couldnt even watch it. I literally skipped through it to the end. It was too slow paced and boring. Ive watched a lot of indie films that have won awards and i still dont understand why. We obviously have totally different likes and dislikes. Im not going to bend over backwards to get your support. Youre obviously not part of my target audience.

Last edited:
I dont understand also why you guys assume you are getting under my skin at all. I am just more confused than anything. How many of you are hipsters ?

That right there sounds like someone who is angry. At least I have awards. Whether you think I deserve them or not doesn't really make a difference. Me and my team earned them with hard work and passion. When you earn yours, what you say might mean something. Until then, you really need to learn how to take feedback better.

That right there sounds like someone who is angry. At least I have awards. Whether you think I deserve them or not doesn't really make a difference. Me and my team earned them with hard work and passion. When you earn yours, what you say might mean something. Until then, you really need to learn how to take feedback better.

Good job. :clap:

I tell you a little more about me and about a badass scene in my film and thats what you retort with ? I literally told you what you told me. That i thought your film was lame. Thats literally the word you used for my synopsis. Sounds like you need to take feedback better. At least i am still here getting advice when i can.

Some of you guys have given me really good advice, and i appreciate that.

And i never pinpointed you as a winner of an award. I was talking in general.

“Ive watched a lot of indie films that have won awards and i still dont understand why.”

That sentence had literally nothing to do with you, but you obviously took it personal. I dont think what i said sounded like someone who was angry. But often times when someone takes something personally; it means they are a little angry.

“I am just more confused than anything.”

I literally told you the feeling i have is confusion.

Now what YOU said on the other hand...

“At least I have awards. Whether you think I deserve them or not doesn't really make a difference. Me and my team earned them with hard work and passion. When you earn yours, what you say might mean something.”

Now that sounds like someone who is angry. ? What was it ? The hipster thing or because i said that i didnt like your movie ? Firstly, because that is what you took from what i said. I asked you what you meant by “adult oriented.” I am truly curious about that. Secondly, it really seems like you took that ONE thing i said so personally.

Reply to my previous reply like this (how you should have in the first place). Ill number questions so that it is easier for you.

1. What do you mean by adult oriented ?

2. What are your thoughts on the scene i portrayed?

Thats really all i really wanted as a reply.

This is what confuses me... (dont worry, i am almost finished)

I tell you a little about myself and about my martial arts background and yet; i received zero positive feedback for that.

But youre so quick to give all the negative feedback in the world.

Just confusion :huh:
That is all.

Last edited:
Hey man if you keep up this trolling you will soon be gone... poof!

It's not yours it's MINE and you better listen to what I am telling you. You have a chance here...

Just confusion :huh:
That is all.

That right there is the most honest remark you've made this whole thread.

I sympathize with you man, I do.

That film you dissed took a lot of effort to make. Many people told me my idea was terrible, that I had no chance, that I wouldn't finish it, that I wouldn't raise the money. But I got it done.

Let's see you do the same. Whether it's going to suck or not doesn't matter, but I never treated people the way you are right now. I was realistic, I was grateful for feedback good or bad, and I hope you can learn from your interaction here.

All the best.

That right there is the most honest remark you've made this whole thread.

I sympathize with you man, I do.

That film you dissed took a lot of effort to make. Many people told me my idea was terrible, that I had no chance, that I wouldn't finish it, that I wouldn't raise the money. But I got it done.

Let's see you do the same. Whether it's going to suck or not doesn't matter, but I never treated people the way you are right now. I was realistic, I was grateful for feedback good or bad, and I hope you can learn from your interaction here.

All the best.
You still havent answered what you meant by “adult oriented.” Nor have you given me feedback on the scene i shared. Thats why i am confused.

What scene do you keep referring to?
There is one scene when the ninja meets the first werewolf in almost a century. Without a fight to challenge him for this long, he doesnt allow the werewolf to die fast. He enjoys it too much. Hes going to slice him up with his EDC knife for a couple minutes until the werewolf cant move anymore due to blood loss. There is going to be a lot of blood in that one scene alone. To be honest; you probably wouldnt even have the stomach to watch it. Im a huge spawn comic fan. Our main character is a mix between spawn and batman. Just a ruthless killer with superior combat ability.

And what do you mean by “adult oriented?”

Back