• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

THE ONE DOLLAR MOVIE

If you feel like this can be something interesting, you can spend a couple of minutes to know more about the project just reading the F.A.Q. or asking questions :)

As I said before THE ONE DOLLAR MOVIE is not for everybody. Only people that really understand it and feel it want to be part of it.
I'm wondering if you would get more people to understand
it and feel it and want to part if it if the promotional video
did explain everything about the project. Or at least something
about the project. Expand your audience from only those
who really understand to a wider group.

I know I would join in and be part of this if it did. I wonder
if there might be more like me. I really like the idea - I was
turned off by the method.

Directorik I thank you for the comment and the suggestions. You are a good observer.
"Believe" me ... :) there is a reason why I don't want this concept to be EXTREMELY clear after the "first look".
I'm not looking for a super wide audience. ( i would have looked for that if I would have spent the dollars ;) )
I'm looking for people who are really interested in the project.
Are you ... ? :)

But what are you doing with all the dollars once you are done with the project? Donating them to charity?

It could be more meaningful if what these people were trusting or 'hoping' for you to do with their dollar was to mail it back to them in a year. I'd turn it into a docu where you went out on the street to get the dollars (like in your example in a previous post). Then after the year when you send the dollar back, you give them a bunch of contact info so they can get in touch to do a follow up interview after receiving back their dollar that they probably forgot about.

Also you'd probably get more people to do it if it meant they might get their face on the big screen :P

yeah I agree with Dreadylocks, trust or not, what are you actually doing? What is the film, or is it just an idea, with a trailer? A good question to ask is does it even need to be a film?

I"m not looking for a lot of people :) The thing is... I don't want to convince anybody to donate a dollar. Whoever donate a dollar is because he wants to...
I can't tell anybody what the movie is about because people are suppose to believe on it without knowing anything about it.

I keep the dollars and I will be asking for dollars also during the production process and distribution.
I still have to decide what do to with the dollars after the movie is done.
Maybe a museum ? (who would visit this museum ??? )

Any suggestions ?

Last edited:
Sorry but the more and more you talk about not telling anyone what the project is and we just need to have faith in it the more I think this is just a new type of scam. I hope that's not what it is but that's the feeling I'm getting.

It is not a scam :) you can believe it or not believe it. I don't force you to do so. (deja vu)
The dollars are not "budget" :) (deja vu)
This is not "financing" (deja vu)

Ask more questions if interested.

It is not a scam you can believe it or not believe it. I don't force you to do so. (deja vu)
The dollars are not "budget" (deja vu)
This is not "financing" (deja vu)

I've got a weird feeling I've seen this thread somewhere before.

I was just messing with you. While I personally think you won't reach your goal this time I respect your enterprising spirit. Just keep experimenting until one of your projects works.

Last edited:
Positive Future.
THE ONE DOLLAR MOVIE is actually working.
we are receiving dollars every week.
There is no goal anymore :) it's just a matter of let people know about the project and let them decide if they want to be part of it ... so whatever is suppose to "work", is actually working.
Thank you brother I love your nick name :)

Personally, I feel that the 'donated dollar deal' is no longer an innovative angle. However, I would agree that approaching companies which produce something you need for your production, to be far more rewarding, and I speak from experience. You do need to provide clever cover letters as well as something akin to a feasible business plan, and the promise of credit. You'd be surprised at some of the responses you'll receive...back in the day, I got a product haul from 3M. Key here is to find the appropriate personnel to approach, be professional and courteous, and don't whine if they can't contribute~you never know what can happen with this same company in the future.

Thank you.

I have trouble buying into it.

I don’t mind gimmicks to raise awareness or cash, or “hope” but isn’t the Q&A mantra of “People need to learn to believe in people believe” a bit flimsy? Did people stop believing in people?

If people need to believe in people, then isn’t asking for a dollar that proves they believe the same as saying you don’t believe they can believe without proof?

I’m curious about the observation of what people will so easily spend their money on without thinking twice (the $3 tap water)?

Is this self deprecating social commentary or just (in my opinion) poorly illustrated loaded point?
I mean, you yourself don’t use the tap water in your other video, but instead use the gallon of water that costs about $3, then say something like “People are the water.” If people are the water, then why don’t you use the water from the tap? Are you saying you don’t trust or believe in people?

I’m not calling into question your motives, and I like the idea that you are trying something different, and I admire that you are out there on the ground trying to make it happen (and I hope you do), and I like your teaser, but the whole lot of nothing “message” coated in a thin veneer of sales pitch kind of falls short for me on a number of levels

Its one thing to profess what people need to believe in, and it’s a whole other to show them something TO believe in, but trying to use one to do the other by pointing out what people spend their money on.. well, that can be a narrow two way street.

We all need “hope” and interest in indie film, and if that is to somehow be attained by way of comparisons in what people spend their money on, then here is my thinly veneered pitch, please subscribe to this site.

Doing so would personally give me enough “hope” to send you a dollar, and might also let you see that people DO believe in people, because they do it here day after day, and without P.T. Barnum soap boxing some hollow “If only you believe..” Peter Pan “Message”.

-Thanks-

Buddy I'm not a messiah or a professor :)
I don't want to show anything to anybody or teach anything to anybody :)
As an indie filmmaker you should know better then anybody that to make a movie usually people count on machines (camera and equipment) instead of people. Like they rather prefer to use somebody with a good camera instead of a good Cinematographer without camera :)
Like usually people prefer to use a good coffee maker and expensive coffee and than just use bad tasting water.
I'm asking for a dollar... a dollar is something that anybody can have, from a rich guy to a poor homeless . It's just one dollar...but the idea of giving one dollar away without knowing what that dollar will be use for, scares people. Even if we are talking about one dollar !
The technology is moving us away from our nature. We need people as we need water and food... but we are forgetting that.
Now... there is nothing WRONG or DANGEROUS in what I"m doing... nothing that deserve to be punished or treated like a banal experiment.
If you like the idea and you want to help me out it's ok. If you don't want... it's still ok :) but.. there is no reason to be against it.
it's not like I'm saying something bad about the world or I want to change the human kind :). It's just asking for a dollar...
I appreciate your help guys! you are great !

I apologize if I came down hard on you (sorry).

And I’m sorry if the world isn’t as accommodating to people that want free money as you would like, but it’s your Q & A you deferred to over and over again, and in it over and over again is the same mantras that you are just repeating to me in hollow excess without really saying anything at all.

I will even up the ante and say please join the site and I will send you 5 dollars, and even give you the idea to give the dollars away to random people in the movie and say “Here, John Smith believes in you.”

-Thanks-

hahahaha why don't you do that ? who stops you ?
You didn't come down hard on me don't worry bro.
It's just not a banal concept like you see it :)
Believe me I got surprised by the reaction of people on the street ... I didn't realize that I could have got so many persons involved...(especially in Hollywood !!!! )
By the way one more time :it is not money that I'm asking for :)

@thegio If you aren't asking for money then maybe you shouldn't use money as the representative maybe use say business cards.

It's easy to give a business card away :)
But it's not easy to give one dollar bill away if you don't know what that dollar will be use for.
Even if it's just one dollar !

Back