• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Hot Rod (Long Driveway Shot)

One of my favorite shots from "The Hot Rod" (so far)
Music from the featured band "The Lonesome Billies"
Song Titled: "They Broke My Guitar"

GH2 (88mb hack)
FD 50mm f1.4

EDIT: No CC, right off the camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92KWFmZXc38

Last edited:
How many takes did that take?
And what kind of tripod set up are you using? Head and such?

TYIA. :yes:

I like the abrupt audio cut at the headlight flipping down. :)

How many takes did that take?
And what kind of tripod set up are you using? Head and such?

TYIA. :yes:

I like the abrupt audio cut at the headlight flipping down. :)

Two takes.. this was the 2nd time the actress drove the hot rod, the first time I messed up the frame.

my Quickest Cinema Tripod with fluid head. (CL special $99, fluids about gone!!)
dollyandtripod.jpg

NOTE: I did NOT use the dolly on this shot, just the tripod.

Looks great.

I agree with mlesseman, though. I think this would work great, if used as a background, with opening credits on top of it. Otherwise, I can't imagine very many edits in which this would fit, in it's entirety (no matter the length of the movie).

I'm sure there are other possibilities, but off the top of my head, the only way I could see this shot working would be if it were used to establish a quiet, nothing is happening mood. Kinda like tumbleweeds blowing sort of thing. But if that were the intent, then the music wouldn't fit (and it'd probably be better without music).

So, if that's not the case, then I would most likely use some jump-cuts to drastically cut down on how much time we have to watch the car drive. Obviously, I'm just speculating, since I haven't seen it in context of the rest of the film.

Two takes.. this was the 2nd time the actress drove the hot rod, the first time I messed up the frame.

my Quickest Cinema Tripod with fluid head. (CL special $99, fluids about gone!!)
dollyandtripod.jpg

NOTE: I did NOT use the dolly on this shot, just the tripod.

Hey that was great! also what portable monitor is that one? is that the Haier one?

Back