• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Hot Rod (Long Driveway Shot)

I like the lurch. Was that intended, or a happy accident? (Happy only if it's in character)

I like the length. But I tend to like the languid. It reminds me of something I've seen. I've been trying to pin it down, find a video clip. Not sure. It might be I Walk the Line (1970). But I think maybe it's something else. Darn.

Last edited:
kill your babies means that anything that you wrote\shot that jumps out and says "oh im so awesome" that is one of you babies. You get attached to it and cant "see it objectively" so you should immediately kill it. Cut it out or what ever, that way you don't sacrifice everything else (story, pacing etc) for "one great line" or "one awesome shot"

you can ADD it back in, but only after your used to NOT having it.. make sense?

Oh, I know what it means to kill your babies (not that I'm any good at it, it's so tough to do). I was just ribbing you for your mispelling. :)

BTW, should you choose to leave this shot in, in it's entirety, I do trust that it would be for good reason. It's all about the pacing, and sometimes a long shot, with nothing happening in it, is exactly what's needed (could be a great way to set a mood).

I have no sense of hummus and can ever speil korectly. Thou, if I do sayso miself, I ave a greet stile and expensive vocabularry.

EDIT: I knew you were ribbing me, but did you know that I knew that you were ribbing me?

Back